• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 37771

LORD OF

• Masons
  • Others: APO
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

In 1492 (Sir Knight) Christopher Columbus landed on an island in the Bahamas which he christened San Salvador in the name of Spain. Columbus was a member of the Knights of Christ Order which formed after the dissolution of the Knights Templar Order by King Philip IV of France and Pope Clement V. Those Templars who escaped Philip's wrath spread throughout Europe and became fugitives who developed the signs, passwords and recognitions which are the underpinnings of today's Freemasonry. Those who went to Spain formed the Knights of Christ of which Columbus was a member.
Posted Image

#2 Jones of Council 6956

Jones of Council 6956

Sir Knight

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Technology.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:02 PM

I think there is a book (I haven't read it), title is "Christopher Columbus, the Last Templar." ISBN: 1-59477-190-1. Sorry, please point me out what is ironic? heheh.

#3 Phi Lambda Epsilon

Phi Lambda Epsilon

White and Blue is the blood I bleed.....

• Magic 5
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostJones of Council 6956, on 04 May 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

I think there is a book (I haven't read it), title is "Christopher Columbus, the Last Templar." ISBN: 1-59477-190-1. Sorry, please point me out what is ironic? heheh.

seems like the Knights of Columbus and Freemsonry came from the same branch....
Phi Lambda Epsilon -- PLM Chapter Batch 93
M-5 PLM Chapter Batch 93
M-5 Singapore Chapter -- Convenor

Alpha Theta Chapter

"Though we  walk through the valley of the shadows of death, we fear no enemy.  Because we are bound by the laws of God and humanity..."

#4 bisugo

bisugo

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

The Papacy prohibits Catholics from joining masonry, and as an alternative Knight of Columbus was founded.
ALPHA KAPPA RHO

“We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” - Martin Luther King

#5 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

If Christopher Columbus was a templar, then basically he is a mason himself. Freemasonry traces its origins to the Knights Templar. The KofC which is very anti masonic is dedicated to a templar/mason. Ironic.

#6 Jones of Council 6956

Jones of Council 6956

Sir Knight

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Technology.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:25 PM

View PostAdmin, on 16 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

If Christopher Columbus was a templar, then basically he is a mason himself. Freemasonry traces its origins to the Knights Templar. The KofC which is very anti masonic is dedicated to a templar/mason. Ironic.

If Christopher Columbus is a Templar, then Christopher Columbus automatically becomes a Freemason. Really? Can he be a Templar but not a Mason? Possible? Not?

#7 KC jhaypee

KC jhaypee

Brother Knight

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:Travelling,Eating,Reading Books(history,science, geography),Learning, Archaeology(Ancient Egypt, pyramids, mummies,kings)

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostAdmin, on 16 December 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hello admin, sorry but i beg to disagree about the term ""very" anti masonic". When i was still in PH attending the council meetings, wala naman nababanggit na hostile or "very" anti masonic against freemasonry at wala rin akong matandaan na napag usapan or nabangit ang masons in our chamber. I don't know about the other council's but this is what i know and i believe that the order will not promote/encourage hatred and dissent between our groups.

Minsan hindi naman natin maiiwasan ang konting di pag kakaunawaan kasi iba-iba tayo ng pananaw.

Regarding sa Irony, hmmm.. No comment.. :D :D hehehe
In service to one. In service to all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users