Buhay Pa Pala Ito

25 replies to this topic

#1 dgb1961

dgb1961

keeper of the scroll

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

[img]https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/11236547_986374118069367_894260234791509810_n.jpg?oh=e732b9a5f2721986152995b8bffc9b3f&oe=55FFEAAE[/img]

nakita lng po ito sa fb.. buhay na buhay pa la ito.. may nka quote pang "ASK12B1"
Posted Image

#2 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

lolz

#3 dgb1961

dgb1961

keeper of the scroll

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

boss admin dami pa lng mga ginawa si blake noh... nag pa picture pa sa mga mason at tinawag na dad din yung may dalawang demolay na ni recrut niya pra mag join sa frat niya..
Posted Image

#4 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

[quote name='dgb1961' timestamp='1434609152' post='113742']
boss admin dami pa lng mga ginawa si blake noh... nag pa picture pa sa mga mason at tinawag na dad din yung may dalawang demolay na ni recrut niya pra mag join sa frat niya..
[/quote]
pakita?

#5 dgb1961

dgb1961

keeper of the scroll

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/19395_10206618282834411_1142283905821184495_n.jpg?oh=d6039d3e663e805708b29e6de99f9e9a&oe=55E7D085[/img]

ito po yung caption iya boss admin

"
Twice pledged as brothers! We are DeMolays-Odd Fellows. The main goal of fraternal orders is the promotion of "Universal fraternity under the Fatherhood of God".
(1) The "Order of Odd Fellows" was first founded sometime in the 1700's in England and has about 500,000 members in approximately 30 countries today. Our branch, the I.O.O.F, was organized in Baltimore, Maryland, on April 26, 1819. The Odd Fellows is NOT a masonic-affiliated organization.
(2) The "Order of DeMolay" is a fraternal order for the youth ages 12-21 and is affiliated under the Anglo-American "white" branch of Freemasonry (A.F.&A.M and F&A.M.). The Order was founded in Kansas, Missouri, on March 18, 1919 and has about 15,000 members in 13 countries today. Continental Freemasonry and Prince Hall (African-American) Freemasonry does NOT recognize the Order of DeMolay as a branch for their youth. The "Order of Knights of Pythagoras" is the youth group under Prince Hall Freemasonry (PHA).
"
Posted Image

#6 dgb1961

dgb1961

keeper of the scroll

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/21895_10206577764221471_4561561631234757091_n.jpg?oh=adf36149f2fdd0dce51814231997b56f&oe=56345168[/img]

ito yung caption boss admin..

"

"Twice / Thrice as brothers". With brother Odd Fellows-DeMolays and Dad Freemasons during the institution of "Cagayan de Misamis Lodge No.7 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows" in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines.

"
Posted Image

#7 dgb1961

dgb1961

keeper of the scroll

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

ito po yung fb niya boss admin..   https://www.facebook.com/LouieBlakeSarmiento?fref=ts

nakita ko lng yung fb tru a member of ORDER OF THE GREEK LEAGUE OF INTER FRATERNITY AND SORORITY
Posted Image

#8 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

[quote name='dgb1961' timestamp='1434940691' post='113788']
[img]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/21895_10206577764221471_4561561631234757091_n.jpg?oh=adf36149f2fdd0dce51814231997b56f&oe=56345168[/img]

ito yung caption boss admin..

"

"Twice / Thrice as brothers". With brother Odd Fellows-DeMolays and Dad Freemasons during the institution of "Cagayan de Misamis Lodge No.7 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows" in Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental, Philippines.

"
[/quote]

Ahh puede naman yan.

#9 Guest_SARABA ng CAVITE_*

Guest_SARABA ng CAVITE_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:44 AM

I hope magkaroon ng lodge ng IOOF dito sa Cavite. :)

#10 Guest_tuplok_*

Guest_tuplok_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

[url="http://oddfellowsorder.blogspot.com/2011/01/odd-fellows-freemasons-modern-insight.html"]http://oddfellowsord...rn-insight.html[/url]

#11 Guest_education is the tool_*

Guest_education is the tool_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

[url="http://oddfellowsorder.blogspot.com/2016/03/research-on-fraternalism-early-roots-of.html"]http://oddfellowsord...y-roots-of.html[/url]

#12 Guest_education is the tool_*

Guest_education is the tool_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:39 AM

Early Roots of Fraternal Orders prior to the 1700's

[center]
[url="https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HD6SnWVHKNc/Vuo4VhinyQI/AAAAAAAAB_E/rcA6zu5DkkAxmoUidfvXpZAEehSjGH5Tw/s1600/Free%2BGardeners.jpg"][size=1][img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HD6SnWVHKNc/Vuo4VhinyQI/AAAAAAAAB_E/rcA6zu5DkkAxmoUidfvXpZAEehSjGH5Tw/s320/Free%2BGardeners.jpg[/img][/size][/url] [/center]

[center] [/center]
[center]
[i][size=1]The roots of the Order of Free Gardeners[/size][/i] [/center]

[center] [/center]
[center]
[i][i][size=1]can be traced back in 1345 (14th Century).[/size][/i][/i] [/center]

[center] [/center]
[center]
[i][size=1][i][size=1]Like  most English fraternal orders, they also[/size][/i][/size][/i] [/center]

[center] [/center]
[center]
[i][size=1][i][size=1]use a collar and an apron as regalia.[/size][/i][/size][/i] [/center]

[center] [/center]
[center]
[i][size=1][i][size=1]There are still lodges of Free Gardeners[/size][/i][/size][/i] [/center]

[center] [/center]
[center]
[i][size=1][i][size=1]although not as widespread.[/size][/i][/size][/i] [/center]

Contrary to popular misconception, it was not only the Masons who protected their trade secrets from others. During the middle ages, other craftsmen too formed their own fraternities commonly known as "guilds" or “journeymen associations”. In fact, records in England show that there were hundreds of trade-based fraternities in London prior to the 17th Century. Here are some few examples:[list]
[*]Fraternity of Butchers: owned a meeting Hall as early as 975 and has charters dating 1605 and 1637.
[*]Fraternity of Cooks: first cook’s shop was described in 1170. Thereafter till 1438, there are reference to the “Masters of the mysteries” of Cooks, Pastelers and Piebakers. "Mysteries" suggest that they also have mystical initiation rites.
[*]Fraternity of Fishmongers: possesses twenty-two surviving charters, the first one granted around 1272.
[*]Fraternity of Gardeners: a record dating 1345 showed that they petitioned the Lord Mayor to sell produce in front of the church of St. Austin. They have charters dated 1605 and 1659 and few other surviving documents in Scotland too.
[*]Fraternity of Armorers and Brasiers: principal charters dating 1453, 1559, 1685 and 1708.
[*]Fraternity of Barbers: Earliest charter granted in 1462.
[*]Fraternity of Carpenters: charters dating 1477, 1558, 1560, 1607, and 1868.
[*]Fraternity of Brouderers: has reference dating back from 1418.
[*]Fraternity of Blacksmiths: charters dated 1571, 1604 and 1639.
[*]Fraternity of Apothecaries: received first charter in 1617.
[*]Fraternity of Masons: formed around 1472 to control and regulate stone trade. Received company charters in 1677, 1688, and 1702 and still exist today as an operative society. The company's book of accounts mentioned a lodge of "[i]Acception[/i]" of Free Masons in 1620 and 1621. This is the earliest reference to the Masons accepting people not practicing their trade or craft.
[/list]
Other trade fraternities also admitted noblemen and people who did not practice their trade. The Fraternity of Weavers, for example, originally consisted of members of the trade when they were founded in 1155 but admitted sons of members and noblemen. The guild of Merchant Taylors, on the other hand, admitted King Edward III as a member after they had lent him money to pay his wars. It was advantageous for guilds to admit noblemen because they would increase the social prestige of their society.

[url="https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EAE4RQ4lIWY/Vuo6evWqK1I/AAAAAAAAB_Q/LLiV-GtZEHsXOdW3q4NiPSlyR4ioNZEWQ/s1600/ancient%2Bof%2Bon%2Btramp.jpg"][img]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EAE4RQ4lIWY/Vuo6evWqK1I/AAAAAAAAB_Q/LLiV-GtZEHsXOdW3q4NiPSlyR4ioNZEWQ/s200/ancient%2Bof%2Bon%2Btramp.jpg[/img][/url]
An ancient journeyman or [i]fellow[/i] walks on foot from
one town to another to search for employment in
his trade.
As early as the 1600's, [i]fellows[/i] from various crafts and guilds also formed their own fraternities called "[i]compagnonnages[/i]" or[i] journeymen associations[/i] to defend their collective interests against the monopoly of the guild "Masters" and to provide food, lodging, and guidance for one another when they travel in search for work. As compared with the guilds, these associations usually consisted of "[i]fellows and some apprentices[/i]" representing numerous or "[i]odd[/i]" trades. They also have an elaborate initiation rite in which a young journeyman who joins the association will go through a system of degrees intended to test courage and loyalty and to ascend into hierarchy within the association. It is from these associations that the roots of Odd Fellowship can be traced. Many of the early practices of the Order of Odd Fellows bear a much closer resemblance with these journeymen associations than with the craft guilds.

When King Henry VIII broke-off from the Roman Catholic Church, he confiscated the properties of the guilds because he believed they supported the Pope because of their link with the church. And during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, the Statute of Apprentices was passed which took the responsibility for apprenticeship away from the guilds. The nature and scope of work was also changing, thus, the role of the guilds eventually went into decline. This removed an important form of social and financial support among ordinary workers.

Some of these guilds and trade societies survived while some had to adapt to changing times and evolved into fraternal lodges or clubs with a combination of social, moral and charitable or mutual-benefit functions. By the 1700's, there seems to be a number of such groups in  England. Some lodges of the  Masons, for example, evolved to become the Free and Accepted Masons. Several lodges under the Guild of Gardeners eventually evolved to become the Order of Free Gardeners. Soon, other fraternal lodges and clubs with a guild-like name such as the United Order of Cabinet Makers and the Order of Odd Fellows, also came into the picture. In the book, [i]Discovering London's Guilds and Liveries[/i], historian John Kennedy Melling mentioned the Odd Fellows as an interesting deviation from the London guild model.

[url="https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-T--MrF64YEw/Vuo729t65dI/AAAAAAAAB_c/0_a_CeEhn3wMKL1oPuAUdIa_aHGzy6FCQ/s1600/1795%2BOF%2Btoken%2B-%2Bbritish%2Bliberty%2Bdisplayed.jpg"][img]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-T--MrF64YEw/Vuo729t65dI/AAAAAAAAB_c/0_a_CeEhn3wMKL1oPuAUdIa_aHGzy6FCQ/s400/1795%2BOF%2Btoken%2B-%2Bbritish%2Bliberty%2Bdisplayed.jpg[/img][/url]

[i][font=times new roman]Numerous Odd Fellows' tokens dating back 1795 survives today. Above shows on obverse the head of King George III’s entwined with a head of an ass or donkey. In reverse shows a common man being harassed by an aristocrat and the text “British Liberty Displayed”. This suggests radical protest by the Odd Fellows against government regulations aimed at suppressing fraternal orders, friendly societies and trade unions during the late 18[sup]th[/sup] Century which was indeed a violation of people’s right to association if based on laws of today.[/font][/i]

The year 1700's in England was actually full of Lodge-based activities and social clubs until a series of political shocks panicked the English government. The French Revolution was greeted with great approval by many Englishmen of radical thinking that many joined the London Corresponding Society and so-called "Jacobin clubs" to promote revolution against the English monarchy. As a response, the English government passed several laws that made many fraternal orders, friendly societies, trade unions and social clubs illegal such as the Unlawful Oaths Act of 1797 and Unlawful Societies Act of 1799. The Freemasons were lucky because they were exempted from this ban through lobbying with royal dukes and aristocrats who were members. All other fraternal orders, friendly societies, social clubs and trade unions had to intentionally destroy many of their early records to avoid identification and arrest. This is one of the reasons very few of the early records of other fraternal orders survived today.

[b]REFERENCES:[/b]
[list=1]
[*]Melling, J.K. (2003). Discovering London's Guilds and Liveries. UK: Shire Publications.

[*]Smith, T. (1870). English Gilds. London: Early English Text Society

[*]Dennis, V. (2005). Discovering Friendly and Fraternal Societies: Their badges and Regalia. UK: Shire Book publications

[*]Ridley,J. (2011). The Freemasons. New York: Arcade Publishing
[/list]
[center]

[url="https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2279618964299699283#editor/target=post;postID=2196949017517328057"]https://www.blogger....949017517328057[/url][/center]

#13 Guest_Education against bigotry_*

Guest_Education against bigotry_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

Contrary to popular misconception, it was not only the Masons who protected their trade secrets from others. During the middle ages, other craftsmen too formed their own fraternities commonly known as "guilds" or “journeymen associations”. In fact, records in England show that there were hundreds of trade-based fraternities in London prior to the 17th Century. Here are some few examples:[list]
[*]Fraternity of Butchers: owned a meeting Hall as early as 975 and has charters dating 1605 and 1637.
[*]Fraternity of Cooks: first cook’s shop was described in 1170. Thereafter till 1438, there are reference to the “Masters of the mysteries” of Cooks, Pastelers and Piebakers. "Mysteries" suggest that they also have mystical initiation rites.
[*]Fraternity of Fishmongers: possesses twenty-two surviving charters, the first one granted around 1272.
[*]Fraternity of Gardeners: a record dating 1345 showed that they petitioned the Lord Mayor to sell produce in front of the church of St. Austin. They have charters dated 1605 and 1659 and few other surviving documents in Scotland too.
[*]Fraternity of Armorers and Brasiers: principal charters dating 1453, 1559, 1685 and 1708.
[*]Fraternity of Barbers: Earliest charter granted in 1462.
[*]Fraternity of Carpenters: charters dating 1477, 1558, 1560, 1607, and 1868.
[*]Fraternity of Brouderers: has reference dating back from 1418.
[*]Fraternity of Blacksmiths: charters dated 1571, 1604 and 1639.
[*]Fraternity of Apothecaries: received first charter in 1617.
[*]Fraternity of Masons: formed around 1472 to control and regulate stone trade. Received company charters in 1677, 1688, and 1702 and still exist today as an operative society. The company's book of accounts mentioned a lodge of "[i]Acception[/i]" of Free Masons in 1620 and 1621. This is the earliest reference to the Masons accepting people not practicing their trade or craft.
[/list]

Other trade fraternities also admitted noblemen and people who did not practice their trade. The Fraternity of Weavers, for example, originally consisted of members of the trade when they were founded in 1155 but admitted sons of members and noblemen. The guild of Merchant Taylors, on the other hand, admitted King Edward III as a member after they had lent him money to pay his wars. It was advantageous for guilds to admit noblemen because they would increase the social prestige of their society.

As early as the 1600's, [i]fellows[/i] from various crafts and guilds also formed their own fraternities called "[i]compagnonnages[/i]" or[i] journeymen associations[/i] to defend their collective interests against the monopoly of the guild "Masters" and to provide food, lodging, and guidance for one another when they travel in search for work. As compared with the guilds, these associations usually consisted of "[i]fellows and some apprentices[/i]" representing numerous or "[i]odd[/i]" trades. They also have an elaborate initiation rite in which a young journeyman who joins the association will go through a system of degrees intended to test courage and loyalty and to ascend into hierarchy within the association. It is from these associations that the roots of Odd Fellowship can be traced. Many of the early practices of the Order of Odd Fellows bear a much closer resemblance with these journeymen associations than with the craft guilds.

When King Henry VIII broke-off from the Roman Catholic Church, he confiscated the properties of the guilds because he believed they supported the Pope because of their link with the church. And during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, the Statute of Apprentices was passed which took the responsibility for apprenticeship away from the guilds. The nature and scope of work was also changing, thus, the role of the guilds eventually went into decline. This removed an important form of social and financial support among ordinary workers.

Some of these guilds and trade societies survived while some had to adapt to changing times and evolved into fraternal lodges or clubs with a combination of social, moral and charitable or mutual-benefit functions. By the 1700's, there seems to be a number of such groups in  England. Some lodges of the  Masons, for example, evolved to become the Free and Accepted Masons. Several lodges under the Guild of Gardeners eventually evolved to become the Order of Free Gardeners. Soon, other fraternal lodges and clubs with a guild-like name such as the United Order of Cabinet Makers and the Order of Odd Fellows, also came into the picture. In the book, [i]Discovering London's Guilds and Liveries[/i], historian John Kennedy Melling mentioned the Odd Fellows as an interesting deviation from the London guild model.

[i][font=times new roman]Numerous Odd Fellows' tokens dating back 1795 survives today. Above shows on obverse the head of King George III’s entwined with a head of an ass or donkey. In reverse shows a common man being harassed by an aristocrat and the text “British Liberty Displayed”. This suggests radical protest by the Odd Fellows against government regulations aimed at suppressing fraternal orders, friendly societies and trade unions during the late 18[sup]th[/sup] Century which was indeed a violation of people’s right to association if based on laws of today.[/font][/i]

The year 1700's in England was actually full of Lodge-based activities and social clubs until a series of political shocks panicked the English government. The French Revolution was greeted with great approval by many Englishmen of radical thinking that many joined the London Corresponding Society and so-called "Jacobin clubs" to promote revolution against the English monarchy. As a response, the English government passed several laws that made many fraternal orders, friendly societies, trade unions and social clubs illegal such as the Unlawful Oaths Act of 1797 and Unlawful Societies Act of 1799. The Freemasons were lucky because they were exempted from this ban through lobbying with royal dukes and aristocrats who were members. All other fraternal orders, friendly societies, social clubs and trade unions had to intentionally destroy many of their early records to avoid identification and arrest. This is one of the reasons very few of the early records of other fraternal orders survived today.

[b]REFERENCES:[/b]
[list=1]
[*]Melling, J.K. (2003). Discovering London's Guilds and Liveries. UK: Shire Publications.

[*]Smith, T. (1870). English Gilds. London: Early English Text Society

[*]Dennis, V. (2005). Discovering Friendly and Fraternal Societies: Their badges and Regalia. UK: Shire Book publications

[*]Ridley,J. (2011). The Freemasons. New York: Arcade Publishing
[/list]
[center]
__________________________________________________________[/center]
[center][url="https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-chF9fNP2zjI/VurohqNS28I/AAAAAAAACAA/uegXt967xUEaQugcWj4lxLv0L43SPRLIA/s1600/Coming%2Bthis%2B2019..jpg"][img]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-chF9fNP2zjI/VurohqNS28I/AAAAAAAACAA/uegXt967xUEaQugcWj4lxLv0L43SPRLIA/s320/Coming%2Bthis%2B2019..jpg[/img][/url][/center]

[b] [b]BOOK COMING SOON![/b][/b]

[b]Title:[/b] ODD FELLOWS - [i]Rediscovering its history, principles and traditions[/i]

[b]Target publication year:[/b] 2019

[url="http://oddfellowsorder.blogspot.com/2016/03/research-on-fraternalism-early-roots-of.html"]http://oddfellowsord...y-roots-of.html[/url]

#14 Guest_education is a tool_*

Guest_education is a tool_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:54 AM

[url="http://oddfellowsorder.blogspot.com/2011/01/odd-fellows-freemasons-modern-insight.html"]http://oddfellowsord...rn-insight.html[/url]

[b][i]Odd Fellows and Freemasons: Dispelling Myths and Misconceptions[/i][/b]

[font=georgia][i]“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.”[/i][/font]

[i][i]- Maya Angelou[/i][/i]

[img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lsLrvVhf0t0/Vw5IzQcTMKI/AAAAAAAACA0/5MbAMIZlEekzpXcEhrxS9xXvGRYPWdZZgCLcB/s320/12988046_10209097055042167_698652266_n.jpg[/img]

[size=3]The Fraternity of Parish Clerks dates back in 1274[/size] [size=3]and they still exist in London today. [/size][size=3]Shown in photo[/size] [size=3]is a Past Master of the Fraternity[/size][size=3] in his[/size] [size=3]regalia and livery [/size][size=3]gown. [/size]

[font=georgia]Fraternal orders did not originate from Freemasonry as usually claimed by over-enthusiastic members but their roots can be traced from the traditions of the craft guilds in England. Sad to say, many over-enthusiastic Freemasons usually have this false misconception that the Freemasons is the oldest fraternity in the world. But contrary to this popular misconception, historical records and scholarly studies prove that it was not only the Masons who protected their trade secrets from others. Prior to the 1700's, there were already hundreds of craft fraternities in existence in England, some are even older than the Freemasons and the Odd Fellows. The Fraternity of Cooks, for example, existed in London as early as 1170. Thereafter until 1438, there is references to the "Masters of the Mysteries" of the Cooks, Pastelers and Piebakers. "Mysteries" suggest that they have mystical initiation rites related to their trade.[/font]  [font=georgia]The Fraternity of Stainers dates back from 1268. T[/font][font=georgia]he Fraternity of Gardeners, which evolved into the Ancient Order of Free Gardeners, dates back in 1345. They have charters in London dated 1605 and 1659. [/font][font=georgia]Almost all of these fraternities mentioned have a "Master" as head along with a "Warden" and "Tyler". When Queen Elizabeth passed the Statute of Apprentices which took the responsibility of apprenticeship away from the guilds, many of these organizations evolved into secular fraternal orders or clubs which opened its membership to people regardless of their trade while others remain exclusive to those belonging to a particular trade. Both Freemasonry and Odd Fellowship trace their roots from the craft guild system in England. [/font][font=georgia]To learn more about the roots of fraternal orders, click link:  [url="http://oddfellowsorder.blogspot.com/2016/03/research-on-fraternalism-early-roots-of.html"]http://oddfellowsord...y-roots-of.html[/url][/font]

[url="http://www.midnightfreemasons.org/2015/01/are-odd-fellows-part-of-freemasonry.html"]http://www.midnightf...reemasonry.html[/url]

#15 Guest_midnight freemasons_*

Guest_midnight freemasons_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

[color=#333333][font=Arial, serif][size=4][background=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Another cause of confusion is because throughout history, many Freemasons have also been Odd Fellows.  Famous Freemasons like Winston Churchill, William McKinley, Franklin Roosevelt, Red Skelton, and Chief Justice Earl Warren were also members of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows.  In fact, one of the best known Masons, Albert Pike, was an Odd Fellow! It has been so common that you'll find the Freemason Square and Compass, and the Odd Fellows' three links used together often in Fraternal jewelry and elsewhere--I have an example of a joint Freemasonry/Odd Fellows lapel pin in my collection, and have often seen the symbols used together on grave stones of men who were members of both Fraternities as in the example below.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://www.midnightfreemasons.org/2015/01/are-odd-fellows-part-of-freemasonry.html"][color=#333333][font=Arial, serif][size=4][background=rgb(0, 0, 0)]http://www.midnightfreemasons.org/2015/01/are-odd-fellows-part-of-freemasonry.html[/background][/size][/font][/color][/url]

#16 Guest_Louie Blake Sarmiento GAGO_*

Guest_Louie Blake Sarmiento GAGO_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2016 - 09:25 AM

Welcome back, Louie Blake Sarmiento! :)

#17 Guest_buhay na buhay pala sila_*

Guest_buhay na buhay pala sila_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:14 PM

[url="https://www.facebook.com/Independent-Order-of-Odd-Fellows-Republic-of-the-Philippines-286422978184/"]https://www.facebook...s-286422978184/[/url]

#18 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

I think theyre going strong. more power to them.

#19 Lagalag30582

Lagalag30582

Fratman

• APO
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

Buhay pa ata.

BACKGROUND: Evolving from the traditions of the trade guilds in England more than 250 years ago, the Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.) was organized in the United States in 1819 and was first established in the Philippines in 1872. At present, the Odd Fellows is a worldwide ethical and humanitarian fraternal order in the Philippines dedicated to "genuine friendships, character improvement through ethical teachings, mutual-assistance and simple acts of charity".  Ideally, the Odd Fellows Hall project in Dumaguete City, Philippines, is a venue for wholesome fellowship in all its forms, from hanging out and just having fun, to preserving the principles and teachings of Odd Fellowship, to discussion, to networking, to collaboration on creative and constructive projects, to doing charity works and fund-raising activities, all with an eye not only on our members own satisfaction but on what the Odd Fellows might offer to the community at large. An ideal Odd Fellows Hall is a great venue for a lot of positive energy and all members are encouraged to contribute their share.

In Addition, the Odd Fellows also provide an international social network of brothers and sisters that extends to more than 30 countries worldwide. If traveling is an interest, membership can provide a valuable network and international visitors are very much welcome to benefit from the building and our members will assist in their enterprises, and certainly their travels wherever possible

With this building, the Odd Fellows aim to provide a tool to help our lodges do more:
- Headquarters for national expansion and development (Transitory Grand Lodge office for the Odd Fellows Philippines)
- Headquarters for future relief operations and fund-raising activities and more community projects to help those in need (scholarships, concerts for a cause, dinner for a cause, etc.)
- Preserving the teachings and principles of Odd Fellowship through its ancient ceremonies (After this, a 5-year organizational development and membership training plan will follow assuring the quality and knowledge of members).
- Teaching servant leadership and teamwork skills to member)
- A home away from home for college students and young professionals who are far from their families, providing them a wholesome venue for their spare time, keeping them away from vices through the principles of Odd Fellowship.
- A sustainable development for Odd Fellows as an organization (An income-generating building (boarding house for rent on ground floor) upon which the proceeds will be used to maintain the property and support the philanthropic projects of the organization).
- More members, more man-power to do more good things.

After it went defunct during World War II and its revival in 2009, the Odd Fellows have expanded over P10 million in relief efforts, philanthropic projects and civic causes in the country. Members have also rendered hundreds of volunteer hours in community service. The lodges in Dumaguete City ranked Top 3 in 2012, top 1 in 2013, and top 4 in 2014 among 71 organizations recognized by Silliman University.

PROPONENTS: Watchdog Lodge No.1, Samahang Sillimanian Lodge No.3, Dumaguete Encampment No.1, Negros Canton No.1., I.O.O.F.

Rex Boyson P. Olpoc, Louie Blake S. Sarmiento, Anatoly Karpov P. Buss, Armel B. Cabale,  and Rena Vey R. Flores.

For donations, please send check to:
Name: Sovereign Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F
422 Trade Street, Winston-Salem
North Carolina 27101 U.S.A.
Write in memo: I.O.O.F Hall Philippines

ESTIMATE COST: P 8.3 Million ($188,636)

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT. BUILDING CONSTRUCTION IN PROGRESS.

#20 Lagalag30582

Lagalag30582

Fratman

• APO
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

Lols!

#21 Guest_Ano kayo ngayon?_*

Guest_Ano kayo ngayon?_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

Wla pala kayo s I.O.O.F. ngayon tingnan nalang nyo kung pano sila bumangon s mga sinasabi nyo dati, di b kayo narin ang nasabi n peke ang I.O.O.F pati nrin ang admin ng site n to, admin k p naman, dami mo p sinabi, ganyan din mga sinabi mo s ibang Masonic jurisdiction di b n peke, ung pala di lang nakapag research hehe.

#22 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 7,132 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:51 PM

HAHAHA. Ang loser mo. loser parin ang IOOF. Sorry di kami belib.

#23 Guest_Please do not_*

Guest_Please do not_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

Any Odd Fellow, please avoid replying or posting to this page. There is no reason for us to go down to their level of bullying. Through the years, there have been good and bad Masons. There have been good Masons who also belong the the Order of Odd Fellows and do not act in a degrading manner. But as you have observed in this page, there are Masons who are also bullies. Those who are hypocrites to the teachings of spreading the "Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of men". Within the Masonic Order, there are some problems, a disease that is spreading, that even some "good Masons" feel disgust - those who joined the Masonic brotherhood for the sake of titles, for selfishness, those who who follow an elitist mentality, those who feel superior than others. Those who degrade other organizations because of their callous and superior feelings of themselves. This attitude alone has destroyed the image and harmony within the Masonic Order in the Philippines. Within the Masonic Order, there have been infighting and bullying and that is not our business because the Independent Order of Odd Fellows is a completely separate and different organization not affiliated with such Order. All we have to do is stay silent and continue spreading genuine and humble friendship, love and truth. Our purpose is to spread universal fraternity among people and do good - that is our only drive. We do not have to go down the level of these people who have tried their best and effort to degrade and bully Odd Fellowship in the Philippines. They are the fuel to our growth and successful. As these "bad" Masons continue to bully us, we continue to accept the challenge to grow! Masons or other fraternities are not our enemies. These people writing here are not truly Masons by heart but are those what we call "bad Masons" within the Masonic Order. We have good Masons who are our friends and some are also our Brothers. Let us not write anything here anymore because we are better than this.

#24 Guest_Writers not Odd Fellows_*

Guest_Writers not Odd Fellows_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

The people who started this topic and most posts after 2010 are not done by Odd Fellows. Some people copied our posts from our own facebook pages, websites and blogs, probably due to curiosity or bitterness towards our Order or one of our brothers. Many of Odd Fellows have long abandoned this forum due to biased administrators who are bullies to other fraternities or fraternal orders, up until we received a report that someone is posting here again. But definitely none of these people are our members.

There is no conflict between Odd Fellows and Freemasonry. The real story behind this black propaganda against the Odd Fellows is due to a conflict between Brother Sarmiento against some former members of the Order of DeMolay who were suspended or faced expulsion due to involvement in hazing in the DeMolay Chapter in Dumaguete City. Brother Sarmiento is one of the ardent promoters of anti-hazing in the Order of DeMolay in Dumaguete City, which met some opposition from several DeMolays and DeMolay-Masons who want to continue the tradition of hazing. The Chapter of the Order of DeMolay in Dumaguete at that time was split into several factions: one consisted mostly of residents of one dormitory in Silliman University which also have their own internal fraternity called Rhoans; another called themselves Zions who are DeMolays initiated in another chapter but studying in Silliman University; and those who did not have an inner group within Dumaguete City Chapter of the Order of DeMolay and those who are sons of Masons.

Because of these internal groups within the DeMolay Chapter, there existed some inequality with the way how the petitioners of DeMolay were treated. The dormers took care of petitioners who belonged to their dormitory fraternity while the Zions group of DeMolays also protected their friends who are petitioners. This resulted to a more oppressive and rigid treatment of recruits of those who did not belong into the dormitory group or the Zions group. It is also to be noted that DeMolays at that time and some Freemasons in Dumaguete CIty have some kind of conflict because the Masonic Lodge suspended the DeMolay chapter many times. Some DeMolays have grudges against some Masons in the City. In fact, there was even an incident when a DeMolay asked a Freemason for a fist-fight due to this conflict or misunderstanding. As a result, sons of Masons who joined DeMolay at that time also experienced more maltreatment and violence than any other petitioner. Sons of Masons who join DeMolay at that time would be the subject of more ridicule and violence just because they are sons of Masons. One of these petitioners is Brother Sarmiento, who is the spokesperson of their batch, and eventually became Junior Councilor, Senior Council and acting Master Councilor of Dumaguete City Chapter at that time. Aside from that, the DeMolay Chapter in Dumaguete was perceived by the publiic  negatively (due to death of a petitioner due to hazing) and also due to several members who were involved in illegal drugs such as marijuana, pills and the like.

Due to his experiences while petitioning and due to pressure from some Masons, Brother Sarmiento became one of the advocates of anti-hazing in Dumaguete City Chapter of the Order of DeMolay, which met a lot of opposition. There was a time when there was an agreement that hi-jacking of petitioners of DeMolay be prohibited. This was approved by the majority of the members of the said DeMolay Chapter. However, behind the back of Brother Sarmiento as Junior Councilor and contrary to the honor principle, high-jacking continued and the unequal treatment of petitioners too. The dormers and Zions contirnue to treat recruits who did not belong to their group in a more brutal way than those that belong to their group. Also, the victims of high-jacking were usually those sons of Masons and those who did not belong to the dormitory fraternity or the Zions. Eventually, Brother Sarmiento and few other DeMolays and some petitioners were forced to form their own inner group to combat this inequality. The purpose was to have an inner group who would work on eliminating hazing and drugs or totally reform the DeMolay chapter in Dumaguete City. This attempt failed and Brother Sarmiento resigned his office as Junior Councilor in DeMolay and became more involved in other groups such as the Odd Fellows. Years after, those DeMolays who were involved in high-jacking were eventually kicked-out from DeMolay.

But the story of the Order of Odd Fellows did not start because of that misunderstanding  between brother Sarmiento and other DeMolays. The Order of Odd Fellows was revived in the Philippines by people from different fraternities and groups who envisioned a fraternity that does not promote hazing, violence and drugs. The vision was really to build a fraternity that is odd or different from the traditional image of fraternities in the Philippines - violence, fratwars, hazing, drugs, alcohol abuse. This move was made not by brother Sarmiento alone but by several fratmen who were also members of other fraternities but felt sad and discontented with the negative connotation of fraternities. In fact, there were only 3 DeMolays who were part of charter members of the Odd Fellows Lodge in Dumaguete. Majority of the charter members belonged to various other fraternities and groups. That was the vision aside from restoring a historical fraternal order.

But the bitterness of some of these suspended DeMolays against brother Sarmiento did not stop there. When the Odd Fellows became large in number and belonged to one of the top 10 organizations recognized by Silliman Unviersity, some DeMolays becaame bitter while some realized their mistakes. But the bitterness continued in some. In fact, there were times when the banners of the Odd Fellows during Silliman University were torn or stolen allegedly by these people. These people also played a major part in starting the black propaganda here in this forum by posting negative messages or posting something against masons or other groups pretending they are brother Sarmiento. This is probably done so that others will hate the Odd Fellows or in connection to their goal to pull the Odd Fellows down or try to destroy it - such as starting topics like Odd Fellows is a copy of Freemasonry, for poor people and so on. Now, we all know that these accusations are hardly close to the truth. Even Masonic writers have admitted that the Odd Fellows is not a part nor a copy of Freemasonry.

It is also to be noted that there are several Masons not just in the U.S. or Europe who are also Odd Fellows. One of those who joined in the past debates in this forum,  brother Jose, who wrote insulting comments about the Masons which made the debate here "hot" back in 2009 and 2010 is now an active Freemason in Cagayan de Oro City. He probably wrote those negative things about the Masons because he was petitioning for the Masons at that time and was somehow black-balled. But some 3 or 4 years ago, he was made a Mason. Brother Jose's vulgar words against the Masons are not representative of the Order of Odd Fellows but his personal feelings against the Masons at that time. Also, the past conflict between Brother Sarmiento and some DeMolays should not be interpreted as a conflict between the Odd Fellows and the Masons. The family of brother Sarmiento belongs to the Masonic family: Blue Lodge, DeMolay, Eastern Star, Shriners, and so on. Because his father is a very active Freemason, brother Sarmiento attends masonic activities sometimes.

It is our prayer that all people here stop commenting or writing about the Odd Fellows because Odd Fellowship just want a peaceful existence in promoting brotherly and sisterly love while helping our communities in times of need. We do not intend to involve our Order in any competition for superiority because each fraternity is equal in promoting "the Brotherhood of man under the Fatherhood of God".

Any person who posts on this topic is not a member of the Odd Fellows.

#25 dgb1961

dgb1961

keeper of the scroll

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:47 PM

parang history ni sarmiento ang isinulat didto ah...boss admin anong say mo dito?
Posted Image

#26 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,213 posts
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Kung hindi mo mailagay ang totoong pangalan mo bilang by-line and that you stand by your version of the story about the DeMolay movement in Dumaguete, this account remains baseless, false and mere hearsay. Huwag mong idamay ang pangalan ng DeMolay pati ng Masoneriya dito sa kwentong-barbero mo. Bwakanangshet. [quote name='Writers not Odd Fellows' timestamp='1488769245' post='115103']
The people who started this topic and most posts after 2010 are not done by Odd Fellows. Some people copied our posts from our own facebook pages, websites and blogs, probably due to curiosity or bitterness towards our Order or one of our brothers. Many of Odd Fellows have long abandoned this forum due to biased administrators who are bullies to other fraternities or fraternal orders, up until we received a report that someone is posting here again. But definitely none of these people are our members.

There is no conflict between Odd Fellows and Freemasonry. The real story behind this black propaganda against the Odd Fellows is due to a conflict between Brother Sarmiento against some former members of the Order of DeMolay who were suspended or faced expulsion due to involvement in hazing in the DeMolay Chapter in Dumaguete City. Brother Sarmiento is one of the ardent promoters of anti-hazing in the Order of DeMolay in Dumaguete City, which met some opposition from several DeMolays and DeMolay-Masons who want to continue the tradition of hazing. The Chapter of the Order of DeMolay in Dumaguete at that time was split into several factions: one consisted mostly of residents of one dormitory in Silliman University which also have their own internal fraternity called Rhoans; another called themselves Zions who are DeMolays initiated in another chapter but studying in Silliman University; and those who did not have an inner group within Dumaguete City Chapter of the Order of DeMolay and those who are sons of Masons.

Because of these internal groups within the DeMolay Chapter, there existed some inequality with the way how the petitioners of DeMolay were treated. The dormers took care of petitioners who belonged to their dormitory fraternity while the Zions group of DeMolays also protected their friends who are petitioners. This resulted to a more oppressive and rigid treatment of recruits of those who did not belong into the dormitory group or the Zions group. It is also to be noted that DeMolays at that time and some Freemasons in Dumaguete CIty have some kind of conflict because the Masonic Lodge suspended the DeMolay chapter many times. Some DeMolays have grudges against some Masons in the City. In fact, there was even an incident when a DeMolay asked a Freemason for a fist-fight due to this conflict or misunderstanding. As a result, sons of Masons who joined DeMolay at that time also experienced more maltreatment and violence than any other petitioner. Sons of Masons who join DeMolay at that time would be the subject of more ridicule and violence just because they are sons of Masons. One of these petitioners is Brother Sarmiento, who is the spokesperson of their batch, and eventually became Junior Councilor, Senior Council and acting Master Councilor of Dumaguete City Chapter at that time. Aside from that, the DeMolay Chapter in Dumaguete was perceived by the publiic  negatively (due to death of a petitioner due to hazing) and also due to several members who were involved in illegal drugs such as marijuana, pills and the like.

Due to his experiences while petitioning and due to pressure from some Masons, Brother Sarmiento became one of the advocates of anti-hazing in Dumaguete City Chapter of the Order of DeMolay, which met a lot of opposition. There was a time when there was an agreement that hi-jacking of petitioners of DeMolay be prohibited. This was approved by the majority of the members of the said DeMolay Chapter. However, behind the back of Brother Sarmiento as Junior Councilor and contrary to the honor principle, high-jacking continued and the unequal treatment of petitioners too. The dormers and Zions contirnue to treat recruits who did not belong to their group in a more brutal way than those that belong to their group. Also, the victims of high-jacking were usually those sons of Masons and those who did not belong to the dormitory fraternity or the Zions. Eventually, Brother Sarmiento and few other DeMolays and some petitioners were forced to form their own inner group to combat this inequality. The purpose was to have an inner group who would work on eliminating hazing and drugs or totally reform the DeMolay chapter in Dumaguete City. This attempt failed and Brother Sarmiento resigned his office as Junior Councilor in DeMolay and became more involved in other groups such as the Odd Fellows. Years after, those DeMolays who were involved in high-jacking were eventually kicked-out from DeMolay.

But the story of the Order of Odd Fellows did not start because of that misunderstanding  between brother Sarmiento and other DeMolays. The Order of Odd Fellows was revived in the Philippines by people from different fraternities and groups who envisioned a fraternity that does not promote hazing, violence and drugs. The vision was really to build a fraternity that is odd or different from the traditional image of fraternities in the Philippines - violence, fratwars, hazing, drugs, alcohol abuse. This move was made not by brother Sarmiento alone but by several fratmen who were also members of other fraternities but felt sad and discontented with the negative connotation of fraternities. In fact, there were only 3 DeMolays who were part of charter members of the Odd Fellows Lodge in Dumaguete. Majority of the charter members belonged to various other fraternities and groups. That was the vision aside from restoring a historical fraternal order.

But the bitterness of some of these suspended DeMolays against brother Sarmiento did not stop there. When the Odd Fellows became large in number and belonged to one of the top 10 organizations recognized by Silliman Unviersity, some DeMolays becaame bitter while some realized their mistakes. But the bitterness continued in some. In fact, there were times when the banners of the Odd Fellows during Silliman University were torn or stolen allegedly by these people. These people also played a major part in starting the black propaganda here in this forum by posting negative messages or posting something against masons or other groups pretending they are brother Sarmiento. This is probably done so that others will hate the Odd Fellows or in connection to their goal to pull the Odd Fellows down or try to destroy it - such as starting topics like Odd Fellows is a copy of Freemasonry, for poor people and so on. Now, we all know that these accusations are hardly close to the truth. Even Masonic writers have admitted that the Odd Fellows is not a part nor a copy of Freemasonry.

It is also to be noted that there are several Masons not just in the U.S. or Europe who are also Odd Fellows. One of those who joined in the past debates in this forum,  brother Jose, who wrote insulting comments about the Masons which made the debate here "hot" back in 2009 and 2010 is now an active Freemason in Cagayan de Oro City. He probably wrote those negative things about the Masons because he was petitioning for the Masons at that time and was somehow black-balled. But some 3 or 4 years ago, he was made a Mason. Brother Jose's vulgar words against the Masons are not representative of the Order of Odd Fellows but his personal feelings against the Masons at that time. Also, the past conflict between Brother Sarmiento and some DeMolays should not be interpreted as a conflict between the Odd Fellows and the Masons. The family of brother Sarmiento belongs to the Masonic family: Blue Lodge, DeMolay, Eastern Star, Shriners, and so on. Because his father is a very active Freemason, brother Sarmiento attends masonic activities sometimes.

It is our prayer that all people here stop commenting or writing about the Odd Fellows because Odd Fellowship just want a peaceful existence in promoting brotherly and sisterly love while helping our communities in times of need. We do not intend to involve our Order in any competition for superiority because each fraternity is equal in promoting "the Brotherhood of man under the Fatherhood of God".

Any person who posts on this topic is not a member of the Odd Fellows.
[/quote]</p>
me you cannot pass

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users