#1 RJLM

RJLM

Initiate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

Sir

With all due respect, I think there are some facts that you have not considered when you posted this thread

FYI, ATO Phil. has no rivalry whatsoever with ASP, which makes me wonder why we are included under Fraternity Rivalries

Although it is true that there is a misunderstanding between our founder and ASP, that doesn't necessarily make us in-conflict with the other

ATO Phil. and ASP respect each other for all i know and that's what matter most

Sir if it's not much of a hassle to you, I'm politely asking you to please close this thread before other members gets confused with this

Thank you sir

Much love and respect

#2 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:48 AM

i found this on the ATO history page. this is not true?

#3 RJLM

RJLM

Initiate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:15 AM

Good day sir

Our history, the one you posted, is very true

What bothered me is that it was posted under Fraternity Rivalries

ATO Philippines has no rivalry with any fraternity

Much love and respect

#4 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:23 AM

ok i got it. will seperate it. thanks for the heads up.

#5 skadiboy

skadiboy

Initiate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:meet my brothers

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

good day..

as a member of this group i just want to clariffy that we dont have any conflict with ASP....

to the admin kindly move this topic out of this SECTION.  we are not FRAt rivalries.. it just so happen our founder has history with the ASP and not for the members of ATO..

ATO Philippines  and ASP Philippines respect each other for all i know and that's what matter most

usc
USC-alphas

#6 ambot

ambot

Grand Master

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

As a member of Alpha Tau Omega. We are not rivals with any fraternity here in the Philippines. With regards to the new group initiated by Momongski.... we have no comment about that.... I don't know if it is genuine or not since there history is just like a copycat of our ATO history.
Just like the prayers. The mere fact that before it became Alpha Delta Phi it was known before Kappa Sigma Theta. In our hearts and in our minds we are ATO forever.......................... not like the other person out there who is out in the wild............

#7 Trend

Trend

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

View Postambot, on Mar 6 2009, 07:38 AM, said:

As a member of Alpha Tau Omega. We are not rivals with any fraternity here in the Philippines. With regards to the new group initiated by Momongski.... we have no comment about that.... I don't know if it is genuine or not since there history is just like a copycat of our ATO history.
Just like the prayers. The mere fact that before it became Alpha Delta Phi it was known before Kappa Sigma Theta. In our hearts and in our minds we are ATO forever.......................... not like the other person out there who is out in the wild............

Bro, question lang bakit ang mga website nyo sa ATO-Philippines nawala lahat? Meron bang merging magaganap between ATO-Philippines and ADP-Philippines?
Kasi pareho lang founder ninyo si Mr. Manuel Momongan  and also the founder Alpha Sigma Phi-Siliman.

#8 zunom

zunom

Grand Master

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

Eyyyyy...ang ALPHA TAU OMEGA ba na 1966 at ALPHA TAU OMEGA na 1908 ba un...may nkita kac ako na nka T'shirt nun sa amin eh...1908 o 1906 yata un...sem lng ba o iba?

#9 skadiboy

skadiboy

Initiate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:meet my brothers

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

View PostTrend, on Mar 7 2009, 02:11 PM, said:

Bro, question lang bakit ang mga website nyo sa ATO-Philippines nawala lahat? Meron bang merging magaganap between ATO-Philippines and ADP-Philippines?
Kasi pareho lang founder ninyo si Mr. Manuel Momongan  and also the founder Alpha Sigma Phi-Siliman.

kapatid kong trend..... ung website namin hindi nawala lahat ung main site lang kasi under construction pa... walang UGNAYAN  sa dalawang GROPO walang MERGING nagaganap

ATO is ATO......

@Zunom

ATO dont have any affiliate outside the philippines or 1906 or 1908 XD

PS

to all fratman we are not RIVALS nor ENEMIES of the state. and we dont have any conflicts any of those 2 groups
its just happen we have the same founder... PERIOD

skadiboy
alpha
USC-alphas

#10 Trend

Trend

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

question lang po ok lang sa inyong history ASP, ATO , and ADP magkapareho lang? kahit sa founding year meron lang na iba yata mga pangalan lang meron na iba? hindi pa kayo naguluhan sa history ninyo kasi tatlo ang na established ni Mr. Momongan pawang meron din pareho pangalan sa North America Greek Letters?

#11 ambot

ambot

Grand Master

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:59 AM

View PostTrend, on Mar 13 2009, 10:14 AM, said:

question lang po ok lang sa inyong history ASP, ATO , and ADP magkapareho lang? kahit sa founding year meron lang na iba yata mga pangalan lang meron na iba? hindi pa kayo naguluhan sa history ninyo kasi tatlo ang na established ni Mr. Momongan pawang meron din pareho pangalan sa North America Greek Letters?

wla kaming kaugnayan sa North American Greeks. We're independent here in Pinas.
Actually we already accept the history of our group and the faults of our Founders. We just repect the oldies and we promise that we will not
follow his teachings because of his disloyalty. But for us we stay LOYAL as an ATO. We did not merge with this people because majority or all of us won't be part of another group.
Even our brothers in states already denied this merging. Mas marami pa kami dyan sa ADP at baliwala cla sa amin dahil marami na
kaming napg daanan sa grupo namin.

Our national is still under construction.

#12 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hello Ambot,

Just curious, since allegedly manuel momongan originally started out by copying ATO USA including its rituals etc and left you to your own devices later on including the problem of copyright violation, has anything been done to correct this mistake in terms of rituals, logos etc so that independent ATO Philippines can claim to be original and different and no longer willingly violating ATO USA copyright?

#13 Trend

Trend

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:52 AM

PRESS RELEASE

ATO-PHIL. FRAT CLOSES TWO CHAPTERS

The Alpha Tau Omega-Philippines Fraternity, Inc., National Headquarters duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) with Registry Certificate No. C200200127 ordered the closure of two chapters at the University of San Carlos (USC) and University of San Jose Recoletos (USJR) for gross violations of the fraternity policies and its Code of Ethics detrimental to the interest of the organization; violations of anti-hazing law; deliberate destruction of the fraternity insignia which is against the provisions of ATO Code of Ethics and non-submission of yearend report of activities includi9ng the updated list of officers and members for three consecutive years. Such actions are with grave intent to defy the procedural policies of the national fraternity composed of different chapters in the Philippines and indefinite suspensions are meted against these erring chapters to institute disciplinary measures.

The dissolved fraternity chapters of Alpha Tau Omega are ordered to return the properties of ATO such as the Constitution and By-Laws and Ritual Book which are presently in their possession.. As SEC registered national fraternity, these group of students are not allowed copyright and use the fraternity name in words and in Greek letters, insignia, fraternity seal amd Coat of Arms bearing the name of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.

#14 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

View Postskadiboy, on Mar 10 2009, 07:36 PM, said:

kapatid kong trend..... ung website namin hindi nawala lahat ung main site lang kasi under construction pa... walang UGNAYAN  sa dalawang GROPO walang MERGING nagaganap

ATO is ATO......

@Zunom

ATO dont have any affiliate outside the philippines or 1906 or 1908 XD

PS

to all fratman we are not RIVALS nor ENEMIES of the state. and we dont have any conflicts any of those 2 groups
its just happen we have the same founder... PERIOD

skadiboy
alpha
As a matter of information and  clarification asp, ato and adp has no similar history. Visit the website of adp-philippines histoory and you will know how and why asp was named in that way; www.adp-philippines.org And as to the name ATO, being the founder in 1968,  I was not aware that ato-usa is existing. there was no internet during that time. It is only in the second founding that upon knowing of their existing I communicated with Wynn Smiley but my offer of a friendly relations was turned down because they are not ready to become an international fraternity. It might be because of racism but I was firm in my decision to move on with my fraternity. ATO-Philippinres is not a copyright name. Anybody can choose what kind of greek letters they want to name or as long as it is not existing in the Philippines ahead of us. Alpha Tau Omega is a biblical name and the appropriate symbol is the CROSS  being a christian fraternity. To add more, ATO-Philippines is a SEC Registered here in the Philippines and unless we have a chapter in the United States, that would be a violations of encroachment or infringement but we did not plan that way. Can we not make our own in  our country even it also existed in other country? SEC has no comment on that because we are doing it in our own country being a sovereign nation.

#15 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

View Postmanuel, on Apr 18 2009, 11:53 PM, said:

As a matter of information and  clarification asp, ato and adp has no similar history. Visit the website of adp-philippines histoory and you will know how and why asp was named in that way; www.adp-philippines.org And as to the name ATO, being the founder in 1968,  I was not aware that ato-usa is existing. there was no internet during that time. It is only in the second founding that upon knowing of their existing I communicated with Wynn Smiley but my offer of a friendly relations was turned down because they are not ready to become an international fraternity. It might be because of racism but I was firm in my decision to move on with my fraternity. ATO-Philippinres is not a copyright name. Anybody can choose what kind of greek letters they want to name or as long as it is not existing in the Philippines ahead of us. Alpha Tau Omega is a biblical name and the appropriate symbol is the CROSS  being a christian fraternity. To add more, ATO-Philippines is a SEC Registered here in the Philippines and unless we have a chapter in the United States, that would be a violations of encroachment or infringement but we did not plan that way. Can we not make our own in  our country even it also existed in other country? SEC has no comment on that because we are doing it in our own country being a sovereign nation.

#16 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

ATO-USC and ATO-USJR are both dissolved for violations of ATO national fraternity policies. Their existence are rendered illegal. Visit our national website; www.ato-philippines.8m.net

#17 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

View Postmanuel, on Apr 19 2009, 12:03 AM, said:

ATO-USC and ATO-USJR are both dissolved for violations of ATO national fraternity policies. Their existence are rendered illegal. Visit our national website; www.ato-philippines.8m.net

and as to the name of KAPPA SIGMA THETA, the founder is my son, Atty. Manuel L. Momongan Jr. Visit their website; www.kst-phil.8m.com There are ATO members who are now dissolved trying to confuse everything.

#18 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

View Postambot, on Mar 6 2009, 07:38 AM, said:

Yes that is true, there is no conflict with ASP because ATO was founded by the same person and remnants of ASP-Alumni in Cebu and ASP undergrads are just a small portion  not like before. ATO-History is only a continuation of my history with ASP here in Cebu. The word copycat is a deceiving term. ATO-U.S.A. has no ATO-PRAYER and CODE OF ETHICS. How can that be a copycat? I never have a copy of a RITUAL BOOK of ATO-U.S.A. My RITUAL BOOK is made out of research from different FRATERNITIES including Freemasonryand Knights Templar in U.S.A. but never from ATO-U.S.A. I believe other well meaning fraternities here in the Philippines are doing this research on how to conduct a solemn ritual or as long niot copied in toto. All my fraternity prayers re: ATO-PHIL, ADP-PHIL are not the same nor a copycat in its message and wordings.What is true is such messages are god-centered. ATO-U.S.A. attitudes towards ATO-PHIL is far different from ADP-U.S.A. towards ADP-PHIL. That's the the main reason that I am encouraged to build strongly ADP here in the Philippines which is also the mean reason that some ATO-PHIL members are so envious of my action but it does not mean that I am neglecting ATO-PHIL. What made the situation aggravating is that some are attacking me left and right with false reports and intrigues poisoning the minds of other chapters defying the procedural policies of ATO-PHIL in gross violations of all standing policies. The ATO-PHIL Board of Trustees defined in the SEC Articles of Incorporation, me being the President, have no other recourse but to close the chapters in USJR and USC here in Cebu. Newspaper circulation national and local dailys will be dopne during the opening of classes. By now, the existence of ATO-USJR and ATO-USC is rendered illegal. They are ordered to return all ATO-PHIL materials such as the Constitution and ByLaws and Ritual Book. As SEC registered, they are not allowed to, use our trademark in Greek words and letters, insignia, signs and symbols, and Coat of Arms.

#19 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

manuel, glad to see you on board here sir. maybe you can clarify some allegations being presented to you and attributed to you in this forum and finally put to rest issues if there are.

on  a side note, i believe the explanation of "philippines being a sovererign nation" thus ypou can start similar greek lettered fraternities here so long as you dont violate copyright of similar fraternities in the US like using their rituals, their iconography etc. fair enough.

#20 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

View PostTrend, on Mar 13 2009, 10:14 AM, said:

As I said, I dont know anything about the ritual of ATO-U.S.A. I tried to avoid in doing so because that would be easy for them to accuse me of using copyrighted materials. My Ritual Book is based on my research about the procedures of the ritual ceremony particularly on the acceptance of new members during the rites. I did not copy, I only studied their procedures and made my own RITUAL BOOK after knowing how it is being conducted. Try to get an insights of the ritual procedures of FREEMASON, KNIGHTS TEMPLAR,BETA THETA PI and PHI BETA KAPPA and prove that I copied their ritual wordings and messages. I did not, I only tried to gather ideas on how to conduct acceptance ritual. With regards to fraternity logo or seal,  considering that ALPHA TAU OMEGA are biblical words in the REVELATION of the bible with the tau cross at the center, the appropriate symbol is a CROSS, MALTESE CROSS for that matter or a cross pattee, is that copyright? TAU CROSS is the symbol of ST. FRANCIS of Asisi and Saint Anthony. There are several fraternities, not even a biblical greek terms which are using maltese cross as their symbol and with a skull and bones at the center, why are they not accuse them of using copyright symbols? ATO-U.S.A. has no Code of Ethics, ours is original, why are the accusing us of the term copycat? Where is copycat on that issue. Well, there are some ATO-Phil especially those who are dissolved doing a smear campaign to discredit me as founder because they can not do what I did in building a fraternity instead of being a grateful that they became fratmen because of me. ASP-Silliman, even I left them, my name is still in their history because that is the truth. Better for ATO-USJR and ATO-USC to outcast them because they are the most ungrateful members I ever had. I know these persons skadiboy  ambot and others. To add more, ATO insignia is not a property of ATO-U.S.A.? It is an ancient insignia of the church. how can that be a copyrighted materials of ATO-U.S.A.?

#21 LAMBDASIG `91

LAMBDASIG `91

Neo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Sir Manuel follow -up questions lang po,the Alpha Delta Phi is recognized in North America?and also the Kappa Sigma Theta founded by your son is it also approve by the IHQ in the International?

These two fraternities are one of the oldest existing frats in NOrth America I know there must be some reason why it exist also in the Philippines.Just want to know if they are truly recognized.Thanks!!
FEDI FORTUNA FORTI

#22 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

View Postzunom, on Mar 8 2009, 12:02 PM, said:

Eyyyyy...ang ALPHA TAU OMEGA ba na 1966 at ALPHA TAU OMEGA na 1908 ba un...may nkita kac ako na nka T'shirt nun sa amin eh...1908 o 1906 yata un...sem lng ba o iba?

OMEGA TAU SIGMA yon, 1906 daw. nasa greekwatch yan, tingnan nyo. di sem yon, walang laman ang kanilang website. there might be another OMEGA TAU ALPHA to be organized by our dissolved ATO chapters at USC and USJR. You will soon read in our local and national daily newspaper and will become a piece of evidence in court if they will persist in using our trademark which is duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). May Alpha Theta Omicron rin which originated at CMU, Musuan, Bukidnon. Huwag ka sanang malilito kasi marami ngayong pseudo greek fraternity, walang educational content laging forum website lang para mag-iintriga o sisirain ang kanilang benefactor or founder.

#23 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

Lambdasigs 91, The ALPHA DELTA PHI is a genuine international fraternity with chapters in Canada and the fourth oldest fraternity in U.S.A. For sure ADP is a member of the NIC which their first president was a member of ADP. Alpha Delta Phi was founded on October 29, 1832 by Samuel Eells at Hamilton College, Clinton, New York. for more info please visit the ADP-Philippines website; www.adp-philippines.org and to our email add; adp_phil1965@yahoo.com.ph

#24 service oriented

service oriented

hindi lahat ng pogi artista,marami din SRB....yung iba nasa chap

• SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:leading my friends to render service

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

sir manuel,

good day to you.just want to ask a question.with all due respect sir.why did you found different fraternities instead of sticking to the first that you founded.im sorry i can not find anymore the thread on which this is posted.maraming salamat po.
19 SCOUTS ROYALE BROTHERHOOD FOREVER 75
national service fraternity & sorority incorporated

the unbroken circle of brotherhood
www.srb-lfs.org

Do A Good Turn Daily.......

#25 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

View PostLAMBDASIG `91, on Apr 19 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

Sir Manuel follow -up questions lang po,the Alpha Delta Phi is recognized in North America?and also the Kappa Sigma Theta founded by your son is it also approve by the IHQ in the International?

These two fraternities are one of the oldest existing frats in NOrth America I know there must be some reason why it exist also in the Philippines.Just want to know if they are truly recognized.Thanks!!

Please the website of ADP; www.adp-philippines.org and KST; www.kst-phil.8m.com. the explanations are clear.

#26 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:43 AM

View PostLAMBDASIG `91, on Apr 19 2009, 03:49 PM, said:

ADP-PHIL affiliations with ADP-U.S.A. is on progress until such time that that we can conduct a major activity here in the Philippines considering that ADP-International is a literary fraternity. They are inclined that our project is focused on literary competition. Very soon during the opening of classes, adp-phil will sponsor that project. With regards to KAPPA SIGMA THETA, it is no longer existing at Yale University since 1858 due to the bitter rivalry with Alpha Sigma Phi, both are sophomore fraternities in that university while ALPHA DELTA PHI is a junior fraternity also in that university.

#27 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

View Postmanuel, on Apr 19 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

Lambdasigs 91, The ALPHA DELTA PHI is a genuine international fraternity with chapters in Canada and the fourth oldest fraternity in U.S.A. For sure ADP is a member of the NIC which their first president was a member of ADP. Alpha Delta Phi was founded on October 29, 1832 by Samuel Eells at Hamilton College, Clinton, New York. for more info please visit the ADP-Philippines website; www.adp-philippines.org and to our email add; adp_phil1965@yahoo.com.ph

I you will make a thorough understanding of ATO-PHIL history, there you will ind the reason. I founded ALPHA SIGMA PHI FRATERNITY and DELTA SIGMA PHI SORORITY when I was still a student in that university in 1965 but prior to that it was suppose to be ALPHA DELTA PHI. Silliman University during that time wanted to separate men and women as an organization, example, Alpha Phi Omega Frat. with Kappa Phi Omega Sorority, Beta Sigma Frat. with Sigma Beta Sorority, Gamma Phi Frat with Gamma Sigma Sorority and Silliman Aces with Silliman Lilies. I have no other way but to split the ALPHA DELTA PHI to Alpha Sigma Phi Frat with Delta Sigma Phi Sorority. ALPHA and DELTA are very precious to me because I was an ROTC Cadet Officer at Silliman University. In my basic ROTC, I was a platoon leader of DELTA COMPANY, I took the Advance Course, I was also assigned as platoon leader of ALPHA COMPANY.

It was very unfortunate for me that the university has that tradition separating women from men prompting me to form the Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity and Delta Sigma Phi Sorority not knowing that there were already 4 ASP existing in the Philippines, Araneta U. in 1952, UERMM 1959, Central Mindanao University also in 1959 and Silliman University in 1965.

#28 manuel

manuel

Since 1296

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

View Postservice oriented, on Apr 19 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

sir manuel,

good day to you.just want to ask a question.with all due respect sir.why did you found different fraternities instead of sticking to the first that you founded.im sorry i can not find anymore the thread on which this is posted.maraming salamat po.

Service oriented SRB, My answer to your question is with the column of Lambda Sigs 91. But as a continuation (please connect it) When I transferred in Cebu University (USP) I organized ASP and DSP not knowing ASP also existed in the Rafael Palma College now University of Bohol as a satellite chapter of Central Mindanao University. They came to Cebu and because of my inxeperienced in handling a fraternity, no handshake to introduce, hand signal and others, my ASP was subdued by ASP-BOHOL. Out of disgust, I formed ATO with reference to APO, not ATO-U.S.A. changing PHI at the center to TAU and thats what Alpha Tau Omega today. ATO-U.S.A. in my mind  came in late and our internet presently guided me to write Mr. Wynn Smiley, Executive Director of ATO-U.S.A. but my offer for a relation with them was turned down. So I have to move on and build strongly ATO-PHIL. forgetting my ALPHA and DELTA because of that experience with ASP. The Internet Computer guided me and to my surprise I found Alpha Delta Phi in existence in U.S.A. SINCE 1832. In my bad experience with ATO-U.S.A. I tried communicating with ADP-U.S.A. and much to my surprise, I was amazed by their favorable treatment. They provided me informations and materials such as adp publications, CD Songs of Alpha Delta Phi. It aroused my interest to build again Alpha Delta Phi to compete with Alpha Sigma Phi-Philippines not with ATO-Philippines. Thats how it is and today ADP is going strong at Silliman as an Alpha Chapter-1965.

#29 service oriented

service oriented

hindi lahat ng pogi artista,marami din SRB....yung iba nasa chap

• SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 1,548 posts
  • Interests:leading my friends to render service

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:31 AM

View Postmanuel, on Apr 20 2009, 12:54 AM, said:

Service oriented SRB, My answer to your question is with the column of Lambda Sigs 91. But as a continuation (please connect it) When I transferred in Cebu University (USP) I organized ASP and DSP not knowing ASP also existed in the Rafael Palma College now University of Bohol as a satellite chapter of Central Mindanao University. They came to Cebu and because of my inxeperienced in handling a fraternity, no handshake to introduce, hand signal and others, my ASP was subdued by ASP-BOHOL. Out of disgust, I formed ATO with reference to APO, not ATO-U.S.A. changing PHI at the center to TAU and thats what Alpha Tau Omega today. ATO-U.S.A. in my mind  came in late and our internet presently guided me to write Mr. Wynn Smiley, Executive Director of ATO-U.S.A. but my offer for a relation with them was turned down. So I have to move on and build strongly ATO-PHIL. forgetting my ALPHA and DELTA because of that experience with ASP. The Internet Computer guided me and to my surprise I found Alpha Delta Phi in existence in U.S.A. SINCE 1832. In my bad experience with ATO-U.S.A. I tried communicating with ADP-U.S.A. and much to my surprise, I was amazed by their favorable treatment. They provided me informations and materials such as adp publications, CD Songs of Alpha Delta Phi. It aroused my interest to build again Alpha Delta Phi to compete with Alpha Sigma Phi-Philippines not with ATO-Philippines. Thats how it is and today ADP is going strong at Silliman as an Alpha Chapter-1965.
tnx a lot for the response sir.have a great day
19 SCOUTS ROYALE BROTHERHOOD FOREVER 75
national service fraternity & sorority incorporated

the unbroken circle of brotherhood
www.srb-lfs.org

Do A Good Turn Daily.......

#30 LAMBDASIG `91

LAMBDASIG `91

Neo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

View Postmanuel, on Apr 20 2009, 08:12 AM, said:

I you will make a thorough understanding of ATO-PHIL history, there you will ind the reason. I founded ALPHA SIGMA PHI FRATERNITY and DELTA SIGMA PHI SORORITY when I was still a student in that university in 1965 but prior to that it was suppose to be ALPHA DELTA PHI. Silliman University during that time wanted to separate men and women as an organization, example, Alpha Phi Omega Frat. with Kappa Phi Omega Sorority, Beta Sigma Frat. with Sigma Beta Sorority, Gamma Phi Frat with Gamma Sigma Sorority and Silliman Aces with Silliman Lilies. I have no other way but to split the ALPHA DELTA PHI to Alpha Sigma Phi Frat with Delta Sigma Phi Sorority. ALPHA and DELTA are very precious to me because I was an ROTC Cadet Officer at Silliman University. In my basic ROTC, I was a platoon leader of DELTA COMPANY, I took the Advance Course, I was also assigned as platoon leader of ALPHA COMPANY.

It was very unfortunate for me that the university has that tradition separating women from men prompting me to form the Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity and Delta Sigma Phi Sorority not knowing that there were already 4 ASP existing in the Philippines, Araneta U. in 1952, UERMM 1959, Central Mindanao University also in 1959 and Silliman University in 1965.

Thanks for all your clarifications sir.am from Dumaguete actually and a graduate in late 90`s at Silliman University.I know a lot about the existence of those Frats you mentioned especially APO ,Alphans ,Beta Sigma ,Aces Lilies and others.Silliman University in Dumaguete City is also home of fratman and founding fathers of some fraternities.

Goodluck to all ADP`s and More Power!!!!
FEDI FORTUNA FORTI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users