Jump to content


Famous DeMolay Alumni


  • Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 sir knight

sir knight

    (-: Ruffian :-)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Withersoever dispersed
  • Interests:Jug-ga-log

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

visit the DeMolay International Alumni Hall of Fame, here's the link:

http://www.demolay.o.../halloffame.php

kasama dun sina bill clinton, walt disney, among others...

#2 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

locally sino po ba ang sikat na alum ng demolay?

#3 777

777

    Grand Master

  • TGP
  • 119 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Metro Manila

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:09 PM

DeMolay daw si Ely Buendia
Tau Gamma Phi Triskelions' Grand Fraternity

#4 Kapatid_01

Kapatid_01

    Enlightened

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:.
  • Interests:gimix

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

View Post777, on Oct 23 2008, 09:09 PM, said:

DeMolay daw si Ely Buendia


yup, sa apolinario mabini chapter sa sucat. :unsure:
Faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
The brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
Economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
Government should be of laws rather than of men;
Earth's great treasure lies in human personality;
And Service to humanity is the best work of life.

#5 sir knight

sir knight

    (-: Ruffian :-)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Withersoever dispersed
  • Interests:Jug-ga-log

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

Mayor Jojo Binay of Makati is a DeMolay, a chevalier at that. the present Grand Master of Masons in the Philippines, Most Worshipful Pacifico B. Aniag is also a DeMolay.

#6 suprimprat

suprimprat

    Supreme ™

  • Banned
  • Others: APO
  • 1,277 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:10 PM

Hello Sir Knight. what's a chevalier? ano ibig sabihin ng rank na yun?
"A Scout is Clean but is not afraid to Get Dirty"

#7 sir knight

sir knight

    (-: Ruffian :-)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Withersoever dispersed
  • Interests:Jug-ga-log

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

View Posteliseo1951, on Nov 12 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

Hello Sir Knight. what's a chevalier? ano ibig sabihin ng rank na yun?

The Degree of Chevalier is the highest honor for distiguished DeMolay service that can be awarded to a DeMolay by the Supreme Council, Order of DeMolay of the Republic of the Philippines or by the International Supreme Council.  Ely Buendia i think is also a Chevalier if am not mistaken..? comment A. Mabini Chapter...

Attached Files

  • Attached File  chev.jpg   13.22K   40 downloads


#8 xangreal

xangreal

    Fratman

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

View Postadmin, on Oct 23 2008, 04:43 PM, said:

locally sino po ba ang sikat na alum ng demolay?

The following are outstanding Filipino Senior DeMolays:

Movie Director: Joel Lamangan  

GMA 7 Co-owner:
Menardo Jimenez

Head of UNFPA:
The late Rafael M. Salas

Singers:
Luke Mijares, Eli Buendia

PBA Star
: Mike Orquillas

14th Congress Reps.:

Hon. Nepthalie Gonzales, Mandaluyong
Hon. Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano, 2nd Dist., Misamis Oriental
Hon. Adam Relson L. Jala, 3rd District, Bohol


President of Siliman University, Dumaguete City: Ben Malayang

Former DAR Secretary: Sec. Horacio "Boy" Morales (Half Brod)

LOCAL EXECUTIVES:

Gov.Suharto"Teng" T. Mangudadatu of Sultan Kudarat Province
Acting Governor Dr. Ibrahim P Ibay of Shariff Kabunsuan Province
Mayor Nestor Alvarez of the Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija
Mayor Jejomar Binay of Makati City

and many more....

<!--fonto:Palatino Linotype--><span style="font-family:Palatino Linotype"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#808000--><span style="color:#808000"><!--/coloro-->A V D I  |  V I D E  |  T A C E<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#9 sir knight

sir knight

    (-: Ruffian :-)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Withersoever dispersed
  • Interests:Jug-ga-log

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

View Postxangreal, on Nov 22 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

The following are outstanding Filipino Senior DeMolays:

Movie Director: Joel Lamangan  

GMA 7 Co-owner:
Menardo Jimenez

Head of UNFPA:
The late Rafael M. Salas

Singers:
Luke Mijares, Eli Buendia

PBA Star
: Mike Orquillas

14th Congress Reps.:

Hon. Nepthalie Gonzales, Mandaluyong
Hon. Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano, 2nd Dist., Misamis Oriental
Hon. Adam Relson L. Jala, 3rd District, Bohol


President of Siliman University, Dumaguete City: Ben Malayang

Former DAR Secretary: Sec. Horacio "Boy" Morales (Half Brod)

LOCAL EXECUTIVES:

Gov.Suharto"Teng" T. Mangudadatu of Sultan Kudarat Province
Acting Governor Dr. Ibrahim P Ibay of Shariff Kabunsuan Province
Mayor Nestor Alvarez of the Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija
Mayor Jejomar Binay of Makati City

and many more....


galing mo bro, thanx for the infos...

#10 suprimprat

suprimprat

    Supreme ™

  • Banned
  • Others: APO
  • 1,277 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:46 PM

Hello Demolays,

if you are maintaining a list of board topnotchers, you might want to add this name. brod ko sia with APO but i distinctly remember him also joining demolay a year after he joined APO. his name is pinpin rochanaron of UP Diliman. sa Capitol masonic temple ata sia reporting nun but im not certain with his demolay chapter. i verify nyo nalang.

Quote

Ketirath Aldecoa Rochanaroon (APO-Eta '95), a DumagueteƱo and Silliman University High School valedictorian of Class '94, garnered the 9th place nation-wide in the medical board licensure examinations with a rating of 83.08% given by the Board of Medicine last February 2006. The results were released by the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) in a record time of two working days from the last day of the February examinations recently, held simultaneously in Manila and...

"A Scout is Clean but is not afraid to Get Dirty"

#11 blackseptember

blackseptember

    Initiate

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

View Post777, on Oct 23 2008, 07:09 AM, said:

DeMolay daw si Ely Buendia

i am just not sure how committed he is to the organization.

i remember we had eli buendia's "the mongols" perform in our Tunog Kalye concert 2004 in UPLB. i saw a lot of my DeMolay friends (Makiling chapter) that nite who went to cheer for their brod. however, i guess eli buendia was not as excited to see his brods. the DeMolays were in the crowd proudly waving a DeMolay shirt when eli acknowledged them by saying "uy mga Molay...buhay pa pala kayo!". that same nite the DeMolays forced themselves backstage (w/c almost led to a brawl) to give the shirt to eli which, sadly, he only left backstage.

#12 fratman

fratman

    Grand Master

  • Members
  • Others: APO
  • 296 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:51 AM

View Postblackseptember, on Dec 9 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

i am just not sure how committed he is to the organization.

i remember we had eli buendia's "the mongols" perform in our Tunog Kalye concert 2004 in UPLB. i saw a lot of my DeMolay friends (Makiling chapter) that nite who went to cheer for their brod. however, i guess eli buendia was not as excited to see his brods. the DeMolays were in the crowd proudly waving a DeMolay shirt when eli acknowledged them by saying "uy mga Molay...buhay pa pala kayo!". that same nite the DeMolays forced themselves backstage (w/c almost led to a brawl) to give the shirt to eli which, sadly, he only left backstage.

OUCH!

Rockstars talaga...

A brotherly gesture wouldn't hurt
<b>Friends change. Lovers leave. Brothers are eternal.</b>

#13 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:14 PM

View Postblackseptember, on Dec 9 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

i am just not sure how committed he is to the organization.

i remember we had eli buendia's "the mongols" perform in our Tunog Kalye concert 2004 in UPLB. i saw a lot of my DeMolay friends (Makiling chapter) that nite who went to cheer for their brod. however, i guess eli buendia was not as excited to see his brods. the DeMolays were in the crowd proudly waving a DeMolay shirt when eli acknowledged them by saying "uy mga Molay...buhay pa pala kayo!". that same nite the DeMolays forced themselves backstage (w/c almost led to a brawl) to give the shirt to eli which, sadly, he only left backstage.

Hmmm. . . that account may be true.  Here's a photo of Ely Buendia as the Installing Officer in a recent DeMolay function (October 2008 at the A. Mabini Chapter Installation of Officers).  This may prove his commitment to the fraternity:

Attached File  1_884291666l.jpg   53.09K   280 downloads
me you cannot pass

#14 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

View Posteliseo1951, on Nov 24 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

Hello Demolays,

if you are maintaining a list of board topnotchers, you might want to add this name. brod ko sia with APO but i distinctly remember him also joining demolay a year after he joined APO. his name is pinpin rochanaron of UP Diliman. sa Capitol masonic temple ata sia reporting nun but im not certain with his demolay chapter. i verify nyo nalang.


Wow!  I personally know Pinpin from way back.  This is a great accomplishment.  Both APO and DeMolay are very proud of him.
me you cannot pass

#15 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

jolly kaw ba yan?

#16 xenian

xenian

    Neo

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:57 AM

View Postxangreal, on Nov 22 2008, 10:06 PM, said:

The following are outstanding Filipino Senior DeMolays:

Movie Director: Joel Lamangan  

GMA 7 Co-owner:
Menardo Jimenez

Head of UNFPA:
The late Rafael M. Salas

Singers:
Luke Mijares, Eli Buendia

PBA Star
: Mike Orquillas

14th Congress Reps.:

Hon. Nepthalie Gonzales, Mandaluyong
Hon. Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano, 2nd Dist., Misamis Oriental
Hon. Adam Relson L. Jala, 3rd District, Bohol


President of Siliman University, Dumaguete City: Ben Malayang

Former DAR Secretary: Sec. Horacio "Boy" Morales (Half Brod)

LOCAL EXECUTIVES:

Gov.Suharto"Teng" T. Mangudadatu of Sultan Kudarat Province
Acting Governor Dr. Ibrahim P Ibay of Shariff Kabunsuan Province
Mayor Nestor Alvarez of the Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija
Mayor Jejomar Binay of Makati City

and many more....


diba si R. Salas ay Pan Xenia din?

#17 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

View Postxenian, on Mar 21 2009, 02:57 AM, said:

diba si R. Salas ay Pan Xenia din?

Not sure kung Pan Xenia siya.  He may be.  From what I know, Rafael Salas was also a Sigma Rhoan.
me you cannot pass

#18 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

View Postsir knight, on Nov 12 2008, 01:20 PM, said:

Mayor Jojo Binay of Makati is a DeMolay, a chevalier at that. the present Grand Master of Masons in the Philippines, Most Worshipful Pacifico B. Aniag is also a DeMolay.

sir knight.  correction lang po.  hindi chevalier si mayor binay.  he is a member of the demolay legion of honor though.  :rolleyes:
me you cannot pass

#19 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

View Postsir knight, on Nov 12 2008, 03:39 PM, said:

The Degree of Chevalier is the highest honor for distiguished DeMolay service that can be awarded to a DeMolay by the Supreme Council, Order of DeMolay of the Republic of the Philippines or by the International Supreme Council.  Ely Buendia i think is also a Chevalier if am not mistaken..? comment A. Mabini Chapter...

Yes, sir knight.  Bro. Ely Buendia is a Chevalier being invested with the honor in 1991 together with 13 other brods.  He was invested the honor while he was serving as the Master Councilor of my chapter, A. Mabini Chapter.  I was fortunate enough to witness the investiture back in 1991 during the 4th National DeMolay Conclave and Congress held in CLSU, MuƱoz, Nueva Ecija.  :rolleyes:
me you cannot pass

#20 Gen_ALWIN_1919

Gen_ALWIN_1919

    Grand Master

  • Demolay
  • 115 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:edmonton, Alberta Canada

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

View Postxangreal, on Nov 22 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

The following are outstanding Filipino Senior DeMolays:

Movie Director: Joel Lamangan  

GMA 7 Co-owner:
Menardo Jimenez

Head of UNFPA:
The late Rafael M. Salas

Singers:
Luke Mijares, Eli Buendia

PBA Star
: Mike Orquillas

14th Congress Reps.:

Hon. Nepthalie Gonzales, Mandaluyong
Hon. Yevgeny Vincente B. Emano, 2nd Dist., Misamis Oriental
Hon. Adam Relson L. Jala, 3rd District, Bohol


President of Siliman University, Dumaguete City: Ben Malayang

Former DAR Secretary: Sec. Horacio "Boy" Morales (Half Brod)

LOCAL EXECUTIVES:

Gov.Suharto"Teng" T. Mangudadatu of Sultan Kudarat Province
Acting Governor Dr. Ibrahim P Ibay of Shariff Kabunsuan Province
Mayor Nestor Alvarez of the Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija
Mayor Jejomar Binay of Makati City

and many more....


add ko lang mayor Ariel T. Magcalas - sta.cruz laguna
mayor din ng guimba nueva ecija brod din i just forgot his name, legacy na sila dun simula sa father nya..  :rolleyes:
We came as strangers, met as brothers in our craft!"
Order of DeMOLAY

#21 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:37 AM

View PostGen_ALWIN_1919, on Mar 26 2009, 10:11 PM, said:

add ko lang mayor Ariel T. Magcalas - sta.cruz laguna
mayor din ng guimba nueva ecija brod din i just forgot his name, legacy na sila dun simula sa father nya..  :rolleyes:

Nasimulan mo na rin bro. . dagadagan ko na rin:

Isaias "Sonny" Ubana (Gen. Douglas McArthur Chapter) - Mayor of Lopez, Quezon
Jose Francis Steven "Boyito" Dizon (Nueva Ecija Chapter) - Mayor of Guimba, Nueva Ecija

:rolleyes:
me you cannot pass

#22 Gen_ALWIN_1919

Gen_ALWIN_1919

    Grand Master

  • Demolay
  • 115 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:edmonton, Alberta Canada

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:25 AM

View PostBuknoy, on Mar 26 2009, 05:37 PM, said:

Nasimulan mo na rin bro. . dagadagan ko na rin:

Isaias "Sonny" Ubana (Gen. Douglas McArthur Chapter) - Mayor of Lopez, Quezon
Jose Francis Steven "Boyito" Dizon (Nueva Ecija Chapter) - Mayor of Guimba, Nueva Ecija

:rolleyes:


hehehe... yun si mayor bonito... pumunta kase ako sa nueva ecija a month before akong umalis papunta rito sa canada.. may short term memory talaga ako sa mga names.. yung main topic kase nito famous demolay's sa pilipinas at buong mundo.. madami yung iba unheared na lang hehehe...
maligayang paglalayag sa takbo ng buhay kapatid...  :rolleyes:
We came as strangers, met as brothers in our craft!"
Order of DeMOLAY

#23 Buknoy

Buknoy

    Vice-Admin

  • Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Your own imagination
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

View PostGen_ALWIN_1919, on Mar 27 2009, 02:25 AM, said:

hehehe... yun si mayor bonito... pumunta kase ako sa nueva ecija a month before akong umalis papunta rito sa canada.. may short term memory talaga ako sa mga names.. yung main topic kase nito famous demolay's sa pilipinas at buong mundo.. madami yung iba unheared na lang hehehe...
maligayang paglalayag sa takbo ng buhay kapatid...  :angry:

naku! masyado ka pa yatang bata para maapektuhan ang short term memory, general!  Papaano pa kaya ang mga tulad ko?   :angry:  

si brod boyito, anak din ng dating mayor at brod din na si boyong-boyong dizon ng loyalty chapter.  bait ng family nila, di ba?
me you cannot pass

#24 brod.shan

brod.shan

    Initiate

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Our Lady of Fatima University Chapter

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

uhm is it true that Mayor Jejomar Binay is also a member of Alpha Phi Omega?




TAU GAMMA PHI
the TRISKELIONS GRAND FRATERNITY
Our Lady of Fatima University Chapter


TAU GAMMA PHI
Triskelions Grand fraternity

Our Lady of Fatima University Chapter
(FaMATO) Fatima M.D.G. Alumini Triskelion Organization
Order of the Fatima Triskelions

http://www.olfutriskelion.com

#25 Barney

Barney

    Grand Master

  • SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 763 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:37 AM

View Postbrod.shan, on Jun 1 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

uhm is it true that Mayor Jejomar Binay is also a member of Alpha Phi Omega?




TAU GAMMA PHI
the TRISKELIONS GRAND FRATERNITY
Our Lady of Fatima University Chapter


uu naman...
I love you, you love me... we are happy family....

#26 Castor Troy

Castor Troy

    Fratman

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bacolod

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

View Postbrod.shan, on Jun 1 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

uhm is it true that Mayor Jejomar Binay is also a member of Alpha Phi Omega?




TAU GAMMA PHI
the TRISKELIONS GRAND FRATERNITY
Our Lady of Fatima University Chapter



Yes. Mayor Binay is also
an APO.
SEEKERS OF THE RIGHT

#27 Gen_ALWIN_1919

Gen_ALWIN_1919

    Grand Master

  • Demolay
  • 115 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:edmonton, Alberta Canada

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:12 PM

View PostBuknoy, on Apr 1 2009, 01:29 PM, said:

naku! masyado ka pa yatang bata para maapektuhan ang short term memory, general!  Papaano pa kaya ang mga tulad ko?   :rolleyes:  

si brod boyito, anak din ng dating mayor at brod din na si boyong-boyong dizon ng loyalty chapter.  bait ng family nila, di ba?


sobrang bait bro. lalo ng mga brods na nameet ko. first time lang naming magkita-kita parang matagal ko ng nakasama sila. inuman hanggang umaga nangyari. hehehe
jugalog bro! madami na kong nameet na canadian brods and pinoy brods dito sa canada.
We came as strangers, met as brothers in our craft!"
Order of DeMOLAY

#28 mastahviking

mastahviking

    Grand Master

  • Demolay
  • 341 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

c wowowee willie.... DeMolay raw??? daw?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
<!--fonto:Comic Sans MS--><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Authority must come together with responsibility.
DeMolay is a very2x small org. in a local level
if you can't handle even one of its small committee
then how can you handle big time companies in the future
when you're already its manager or president?
Better prove urself that u aren't one of those good for nothings bro...
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

#29 MRMT

MRMT

    Order Of DeMOLAY

  • Demolay
  • 217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:cabanatuan city

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:12 AM

View PostBuknoy, on Mar 26 2009, 08:29 PM, said:

sir knight.  correction lang po.  hindi chevalier si mayor binay.  he is a member of the demolay legion of honor though.  :)








Kuya san nka chapter si Mayor Binay?

#30 R.H.YAN

R.H.YAN

    Grand Master

  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cebu City, Philippines

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

View PostBuknoy, on Mar 27 2009, 01:37 AM, said:

Nasimulan mo na rin bro. . dagadagan ko na rin:

Isaias "Sonny" Ubana (Gen. Douglas McArthur Chapter) - Mayor of Lopez, Quezon
Jose Francis Steven "Boyito" Dizon (Nueva Ecija Chapter) - Mayor of Guimba, Nueva Ecija

:)


Molay rin pala si Brod Mayor Sonny (FEU '78)..Kasi siya ang Adviser ng AKP-Skeptron Alumni ng Lopez..




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users