1080 replies to this topic

#91 51213

Neo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

troll, on Oct 8 2008, 12:41 PM, said:

tama na ang satsat. TAU GAMMA lang ang grand fraternity mga gwapo!

uhm. . .  tol tga squatters area kb? kawawa nmn ung orgs mu nggng b__a dhil sau. . .   :huh:

SRB Beta-Tau Arellano University

#92 UBELT-HITMAN

UBELT-HITMAN

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:business, finance, economics. information technology, world history and everything else that are for the deep-minded

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

spyone001, on Nov 22 2008, 02:12 PM, said:

it seems na nawala na yung issue dito yung reason ng war ng APO & TGP?

and it seems that no one can really prove how it started really?

What was the story really that circulated during your time?
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."

#93 fratman

fratman

Grand Master

• Members
  • Others: APO
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

according to a very reliable source (a 70s ubelt frat man). During the early 70's apo and tgp have close ties. they even have drinking sessions together. unitl unavoidable petty fights occur between members (payabangan ng frat, agawan ng syota, etc) hanggang suntukan lang daw, rambol pa minsan2x. but not to the point na nagpapatayan, unlike beta sigma - apo at those times.

the real trouble started when an apo killed hernando gueverra (of tgp adamson? tama ba?)

bawian ng bawian, and the cycle of death continues until today. especially in dlsu, ust, adamson and ubelt area. Sa upd lang ata ang tahimik na, na magulo dati.
<b>Friends change. Lovers leave. Brothers are eternal.</b>

#94 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • Others: Administrators
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

fratman, on Nov 24 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

according to a very reliable source (a 70s ubelt frat man). During the early 70's apo and tgp have close ties. they even have drinking sessions together. unitl unavoidable petty fights occur between members (payabangan ng frat, agawan ng syota, etc) hanggang suntukan lang daw, rambol pa minsan2x. but not to the point na nagpapatayan, unlike beta sigma - apo at those times.

the real trouble started when an apo killed hernando gueverra (of tgp adamson? tama ba?)

bawian ng bawian, and the cycle of death continues until today. especially in dlsu, ust, adamson and ubelt area. Sa upd lang ata ang tahimik na, na magulo dati.

so who was dead first, rolando abad of eta (1977 RIP) or hernando guevarra of tau gamma?

Pinoy Fraternity Dot Com
Unity in Diversity

#95 service oriented

service oriented

hindi lahat ng pogi artista,marami din SRB....yung iba nasa chap

• SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:leading my friends to render service

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

fratman, on Nov 24 2008, 09:51 AM, said:

bro yan b ung nahulog s LAGUSNILAD?there some stories ive heard pro hndi mga reliable source,pls correct me if im wrong.tnx
19 SCOUTS ROYALE BROTHERHOOD FOREVER 75
national service fraternity & sorority incorporated

the unbroken circle of brotherhood
www.srb-lfs.org

Do A Good Turn Daily.......

#96 fratman

fratman

Grand Master

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

http://msutriskelion...=...=view&id=29

1976 saw the tragic beginning of a bloody and protracted struggle against which admittedly should not have been our enemy but was actually, our strong ally at the Adamson University when we first started a chapter in that area, namely the
Alpha Phi Omega fraternity. It was the opinion by the then Secretary-General at that time, the late Allen Hernandez, that the rumble against the APO fraternity should not have happened. So much so when we suffered our first fatality, Hernando Guevarra of Adamson University, who was killed in an ambush enroute to an S.O.S. mission, he specifically ordered no physical retaliation to be launched against the APO fraternity. In his words he said "let Nando's death be a lesson to all of us." Essentially, he called for a halt in the hostilities and ordered the brods to go back to school and instead of going to an offensive, just to be on a defensive mode against the enemy. The rumble erupted anew a few weeks later in the University of the Philippines when a certain member, now deceased, of the APO fraternity, the son of the then U.P. president, had a motorcycle accident near the campus, allegedly due to his own fault. For one reason or another, he blamed the U.P. TAU GAMMA PHI as the
culprits and immediately on that same day, they launched an offensive against the U.P. Brods, caught them offguard, mauling a former GT and a Grand Council office. The next day, a 25-strong Tarantula of the U.P. chapter led by no less than Secretary-General Allen Hernandez clashed against a strong 100-men attack-force of the APO fraternity along the corridors of U.P. and in the ensuing melee, one of the frontliners of the APO fraternity, a certain Abad, suffered a mortal stab wound. Coming from a prominent family during the Marcos Era, his death was chronicled almost daily in the major newspapers of the Philippines resulting in a very negative, albeit nationwide publicity of the so-called notoriety of the TAU GAMMA PHI.

Can anyone from APO eta confirm this?

#97 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

777, on Oct 8 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

nung mid 70's pinatay ng mga APO ang isang TGP, yun ang rison kya galit ang mga TGP sa APO

hi 777, does TGP have a record or kahit oral record kung ano yung rason kung bakit nagkaroon ng alitan? according to TGP internet articles, both UP APO and UP TGP as well as Adamson APO and Adamson TGP are on friendly relations before the clash. ano ang naging dahilan ng unang clash sa adamson which according to TGP, a certain guevarra died?

Pinoy Fraternity Dot Com
Unity in Diversity

#98 semilya21

semilya21

Initiate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:16 AM

experience ko lang to ha..nung high school ako madami kami magbabarkada,15 kami pumasok ng apo sa u belt..pag uwi namin ng first sembreak eh hindi na kami pinapansin nung iba naming barkada..magkakasama kaming lumaki ng mga to..wala pa kaming buhok sa katawan..hehe..since kinder eh classmates na kaming lahat..tinanong nung isa kong barkada na brod kung bakit cold na ng treatment nila sa min,sagot nila kasi mga apo na kayo at tgp kami..sabe ko dapat mas mauna ang family sa frat diba?kasi para na kaming mgkakapatid..sbe nila basta apo kayo at tgp kami..so hindi na kami nag insist kaya doon na nagsimula ang napakadami naming hindi pagkakaunawaan na minsan ay nauuwi pa sa alam nyo na..drama no?hehe..pang mmk.

#99 UBELT-HITMAN

UBELT-HITMAN

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:business, finance, economics. information technology, world history and everything else that are for the deep-minded

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

fratman, on Nov 24 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

http://msutriskelion...=...=view&id=29

1976 saw the tragic beginning of a bloody and protracted struggle against which admittedly should not have been our enemy but was actually, our strong ally at the Adamson University when we first started a chapter in that area, namely the
Alpha Phi Omega fraternity. It was the opinion by the then Secretary-General at that time, the late Allen Hernandez, that the rumble against the APO fraternity should not have happened. So much so when we suffered our first fatality, Hernando Guevarra of Adamson University, who was killed in an ambush enroute to an S.O.S. mission, he specifically ordered no physical retaliation to be launched against the APO fraternity. In his words he said "let Nando's death be a lesson to all of us." Essentially, he called for a halt in the hostilities and ordered the brods to go back to school and instead of going to an offensive, just to be on a defensive mode against the enemy. The rumble erupted anew a few weeks later in the University of the Philippines when a certain member, now deceased, of the APO fraternity, the son of the then U.P. president, had a motorcycle accident near the campus, allegedly due to his own fault. For one reason or another, he blamed the U.P. TAU GAMMA PHI as the
culprits and immediately on that same day, they launched an offensive against the U.P. Brods, caught them offguard, mauling a former GT and a Grand Council office. The next day, a 25-strong Tarantula of the U.P. chapter led by no less than Secretary-General Allen Hernandez clashed against a strong 100-men attack-force of the APO fraternity along the corridors of U.P. and in the ensuing melee, one of the frontliners of the APO fraternity, a certain Abad, suffered a mortal stab wound. Coming from a prominent family during the Marcos Era, his death was chronicled almost daily in the major newspapers of the Philippines resulting in a very negative, albeit nationwide publicity of the so-called notoriety of the TAU GAMMA PHI.

Can anyone from APO eta confirm this?

100 against 25...

notoriety...

WOW...

#100 12dotz

12dotz

Fratman

• APO
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

ehehehhee.......
pwede ba un 100 against 25 eh d man lang natinag ung tarantula daw??? wat a joke... :rolleyes:  :unsure:  :unsure:
imaginen nyu na lang yung ratio ng 100:25 baka nga nngatal na mga boom taratara sa dami ng apo... ehehehe
last march may incidence na kinursunada kami ng 3 katao i dont know kung akrho o tau gamma mga un kasama ko mga barkada ko na mga leysam 6 kmi compare dun sa nagkursunada na 3... alam nyu nangyari??? sila ung nabogbug sarado...
may point is what more kung 100 against sa 25 lang??? cnu kayang matitinung tao maniniwala sa mga kwento na nilagyan na lang ng kung anu-anung mga sangkap pra magmukhang lutong makaw.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#101 UBELT-HITMAN

UBELT-HITMAN

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:37 PM

to be fair 'n square with the previous post; this was extracted from another forum topic here...

aguila, on Nov 4 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

777, on Oct 31 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

nagkaron na naman ng away ang beta sigma & apo sa UPD nung june ah...& balita ko, beta sigma daw yung nagstart. 20+ daw yung tabets & 10 lang yung poaps. 6 daw yung tinamaan na tabets & yung iba nga daw eh dinala sa ICU, 4 na poaps naman daw yung tinamaan...

Sa peyups ba galing ang balita na yan? at kung doon hinde ba apo ang nagpost? baka bias siya?

20 against 10...

WOW ALSO...

#102 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

i dont know where you are going with this Ubelt but LOLz

Pinoy Fraternity Dot Com
Unity in Diversity

#103 777

Grand Master

• TGP
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:40 AM

admin, on Nov 24 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

so who was dead first, rolando abad of eta (1977 RIP) or hernando guevarra of tau gamma?
hernando guevarra
Tau Gamma Phi Triskelions' Grand Fraternity

#104 suprimprat

suprimprat

Supreme ™

• Banned
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

Quotes from Eta 70's

Eta 1: I don't know about the first part of this story, but everything is inaccurate beginning from the sentence "The rumble erupted anew...". But of course, this is their version of the story, they have to make it so to legitimize their cause. Let me give you my version of the situation on that fateful day. This is the day of the first rumble between 'goma' and ourselves in UP Diliman and the day that marked the death of a beloved brother.

Our leadership received intelligence reports that goma wants to bring the frat war in u-belt over to Diliman. A group of Sis were then sent earlier in the day to recon the 4th, 3rd and 2nd floors to identify the presence and strength of goma. The Sis reported that there were a few of them in their tambayan at the 3rd floor - not a sizable number to alarm us. The plan was to have some senior brods talk to goma leadership/friends and convince them to maintain the status quo between our groups in Diliman. At this point no one would have guessed that we underestimated the enemy. Neither the Brods nor the Sis can identify u-belt gomas anyway.

Question: What were u-belt gomas doing in the AS building on that day?

The motorcycle accident they may be referring to may be that of Bro. Bebet Corpuz's (twin brother of Boyet, sons of UP Pres. OD Corpuz) fatal accident, but this happened somewhere in Bulacan or Nueva Ecija and the culprit here was a driver of a Pantranco bus.

Eta 2: Brod, I reply to you privately so as not to open up old wounds.I do not know about what happened to adamson university but as to our eta end, basically its true, with some minor inaccuracies.First it happened in 1977, not 76.Second, the brod alluded to who suffered an accident and blamed it on the goma now deceased, he was bebet corpuz.Thirdly, their 25 man force did not clash with our 100. Said 25 attacked our 4 man outpost near rm 228 at a.s second floor which included Rollie. As to the allegation that they were not supposed to be our adversary then, that happened to be true too. However, it is inevitable, even if the Rollie Abad incident did not transpire, that they would have become our adversary later as they were expanding at a rate similar to us during that time and which were considered unacceptable by the  u belt brods then.

I dont think anyone can prevent the rumble of August 30, 1977 when rolly died. The conflict already started the previous day when boyet reported what happened to him.On August 29, there were already several incidents.First is the mauling of a goma in a.s or engineering. Im not sure anymore.one in pantranco wherein a group of goma ambushed a group of brods riding in a car.Brods were tailing the gomas riding in a bus, and they backtracked to attack us Fortunately, nobody was hurt.Only the car of ___ was damaged. I was part of that group along with ___ and ___..Later in the day, to retaliate, we chanced upon a goma near co-op and he was severely hurt, but not enough to have permanent damage, just your regular garden variety score.He turned out to be a former head.I was also part of that group.That fateful day of August 30 was already a hot and proper rumble. In fact. before the rolly incident that morning, a group of brods already went up to goma tambayan at 3rd flr early in the morning to make a hit but chanced upon nobody.they got hold of goma bulletin board and dropped it from 3rd flr to the lobby.After that,also in the morning, the brods deployed in the usual containment posture and that was when the 25 or so gomas chanced upon the group of rolly at rm 228.I was then at lobby 2nd floor supervising the deployment when the incident happened.When the brods came running back, i saw rolly being left behind,mabagal tumakbo si rolly dahil mataba and I came to his rescue. That was why were the only two who figured in that clash.

The autopsy concluded that it was a stilletto or a mini samurai dagger, those with thin sharp blades that penetrated his heart.There are two mortal stab wounds, one above the left nipple and the other below. They really intend to kill. As to 1:1 score would have settled it then if a truce was made, I'm sure that was not possible.we really look down on the gomas then, more so than now and the brods, mostly from u belt and the outlaying provinces vowed to wipe them out considering that the fatality was from eta. As it happened, we nearly did, if not for their desperate move of recruiting stambays and kanto boys to bolster their thinning ranks.

The version of Eta 1 is accurate but only in the sense that the conflict was already brewing a week  or so before Boyet put the blame on the gomas. Thats why the brods reacted so fast  immediately after boyets claim. I dnt know up to now whether it was true or not.

Quote from Sigma 70's

This is actually a sad part of our history. This story is partly fact and partly fiction. I do not wish to glorify the violence committed nor to narrate it like a story of chivalry and heroism. I  only wish to correct the information for our own sake as this account seems so distorted. Here are some of the things I noted. Allow me to separate the truth from the apparent propaganda:

The war started at Adamson U.

True - Sadly, the tragic wars with TGP started at Adamson University in 1977. It would eventually spread
    throughout the Philippines.

The TGP were our allies - Partly True - APO Collegiate Chapters and Sigma in particular never liked alliances with other frats or organizations because there was no need for it. Inter-chapter visitations were common and therefore brods became very close. We could always respond to each others SOS. The TGP became our allies in a sense because they fed us info about all the other groups with whom we were in conflict with. At that time, there was the ongoing conflict with Beta Sigma and they were always feeding us info about their whereabouts. In short, they served as informers. They also had a high regard for APO and many of their older brods did become close personal friends. They asked their neophytes to introduce themselves to us at our tambayan and we even had inter-frat basketball games. By 1977 they were already 120 strong and were beginning to graduate brods who did not seem to share the same respect for APO. Nevertheless, conflict was avoided because their older brods intervened.

The TGP did not retaliate after first fatality:

Partly True - They did not retaliate at Adamson U because they were afraid. I had an officemate at EEI(Chito Cinco) who was a very active TGP at Mapua. He told me that their brods at Adamson were terrified of getting into a conflict with us. Remember that a lot of their older brods at Adamson were the personal friends of Sigmans. They knew that they were no match in any conflict. Sigma had at least 70 members, all battle tested by numerous conflicts. In the meantime, TGPs from Adamson were exporting wars to other schools. They could operate
    elsewhere because the brods did not know them. It was at Delta Chapter that they suffered their first fatality.

25 man Tarantula struck at UP.

False - We received info that since the TGPs could not strike at Adamson U, they would strike at other chapters. They specifically targetted Eta Chapter and gathered a big
    force armed with weapons. Adamson U. TGPs were the ones who spearheaded this. We quickly informed Eta .

In a way, we all share a responsibility towards stopping this cycle of violence. Sana yung isang bagay na nagsimula sa University natin ay matapos rin sa atin. Technically we had never declared a truce with the TGP and this war has been raging on since 1977. Unfortunately, they dont have the same respect for their leaders like we do. We can always honor any commitment that we get into but they could never control their own brods. TGPs do not have respect for their older brods and they do not have respect for their own leaders.

We discussed this matter with Fr. Gregg Banaga and he said he is interested in helping resolve this conflict. I really do not know what he can do to help promote peace. Right now, I can only dream about the day when our brods and sis could again openly gather in the campus again. My ardent wish is for our brods and sis to graduate from their College course with only good memories of their College life. I would not want them to look back with pain, regret, and the sense of having lost opportunities.

Notes and conclusions:

• Hernando Guevarra of TGP maybe from Adamson but he died at APO delta chapter in Mapua.
  • The motorcycle accident story is partly true. the accident indeed happened but it is unconfirmed if indeed the patranco bus driver was triskelion. however conflict between eta and triskelion mother chapter had been brewing already after TGP exported the conflict to other APO chapters including UP Diliman that any excuse would have been enough to spark the fight between the two.
  • The rumble between APO-Eta and the combined might of UPTGP and AUTGP was not 100 APO versus 25 TGP. it was against 4 APO outpost/recon group but eventually down to 2 versus 25 TGP.
  • Rollie Abad was mortally stabbed twice with a thin sharp blade on August 30, 1977. TGP places these events in 1976 which is off by one year.
  • If the APO vs TGP conflict didnt happen, TGP would not have had been placed in the position of resorting to recruiting stambays and OSYs for survival and kept their self respect.
  • Wrong APO chapter not withstanding; with the score of 1:1, the conflict should have ended and settled had both groups set aside their pride and declared a formal truce.

"A Scout is Clean but is not afraid to Get Dirty"

#105 777

Grand Master

• TGP
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:10 PM

eliseo1951, on Nov 28 2008, 03:18 PM, said:

Notes and conclusions:

• Hernando Guevarra of TGP maybe from Adamson but he died at APO delta chapter in Mapua.
  • The motorcycle accident story is partly true. the accident indeed happened but it is unconfirmed if indeed the patranco bus driver was triskelion. however conflict between eta and triskelion mother chapter had been brewing already after TGP exported the conflict to other APO chapters including UP Diliman that any excuse would have been enough to spark the fight between the two.
  • The rumble between APO-Eta and the combined might of UPTGP and AUTGP was not 100 APO versus 25 TGP. it was against 4 APO outpost/recon group but eventually down to 2 versus 25 TGP.
  • Rollie Abad was mortally stabbed twice with a thin sharp blade on August 30, 1977. TGP places these events in 1976 which is off by one year.
  • If the APO vs TGP conflict didnt happen, TGP would not have had been placed in the position of resorting to recruiting stambays and OSYs for survival and kept their self respect.
  • Wrong APO chapter not withstanding; with the score of 1:1, the conflict should have ended and settled had both groups set aside their pride and declared a formal truce.

1.Hernando Guevarra was on an S.O.S mission.
2.Hindi siguro bus driver yung triskelion kc wala pa naman noon TYM.
5.Nung muntik ubusin ng APO ang TGP, TGP had only 13 or 14 senior chapter kaya madali para sa APO na ubusin ang TGP. Mas matanda ang APO Phil. ng 17 or 18 years sa TGP kaya mas maraming chapter noon ang APO kesa TGP. Tinayo ang TYM para sa mga OSYs and pwde nating sabihin na tinayo ang TYM para sa reinforcement pero dahil may saying na MAN IS BROTHER UNTO MAN kame kaya pati OSYs ay pwde na sumali.
Tau Gamma Phi Triskelions' Grand Fraternity

#106 suprimprat

suprimprat

Supreme ™

• Banned
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:15 AM

hi 7, got a text that trouble did not actually start in adamson but in the intramuros area. sigma brods responded to an SOS resulting in the death in the mapua area of an adamson based triskellion. in UP, Adamson and UST before nagumpisa ang gulo, yung mga alumni natin from these schools were all buddy-buddys however since after the incident hindi na maiwasan na mapasubo narin ang mga chapters and members ng parehong fraternities.
"A Scout is Clean but is not afraid to Get Dirty"

#107 manyakboy

manyakboy

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

Quotes from Eta 70's

When the brods came running back, i saw rolly being left behind,mabagal tumakbo si rolly dahil mataba and I came to his rescue. That was why were the only two who figured in that clash.

Totoo bang naka-clogs daw kaya di rin nakatakbo ng maayos?
Yung mga matatanda dyan nung 70s, hippie na jeproks daw ang "in".  Tama ba?

25 man Tarantula struck at UP.

False - We received info that since the TGPs could not strike at Adamson U, they would strike at other chapters. They specifically targetted Eta Chapter and gathered a big
force armed with weapons. Adamson U. TGPs were the ones who spearheaded this. We quickly informed Eta .

Quote from Sigma 70's

Mula ng maganap yung sa UP, kelan naman nangyari yung insidente duon sa kumuha ng diploma kasama at nanay at kapatid ba yun?  Mukhang sa Adamson naman lumipat ang pangyayari.  Parehong taon ba yun?

777, on Nov 29 2008, 06:10 PM, said:

5.Nung muntik ubusin ng APO ang TGP, TGP had only 13 or 14 senior chapter kaya madali para sa APO na ubusin ang TGP. Mas matanda ang APO Phil. ng 17 or 18 years sa TGP kaya mas maraming chapter noon ang APO kesa TGP. Tinayo ang TYM para sa mga OSYs and pwde nating sabihin na tinayo ang TYM para sa reinforcement pero dahil may saying na MAN IS BROTHER UNTO MAN kame kaya pati OSYs ay pwde na sumali.

777, ano pa ba ang mga nangyari matapos itong mga ito, bago dumating ang 80s?
Nabanggit mo kasi sa post mo na muntik magka-ubusan.  Nagkaron ba ng truce man lang?  Paano kayo nag-survive?

"just call me Dick"

#108 troll

troll

Fratman

• Members
  • Others: TGP
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

malamang naka clogs. uso yun nun eh. o d naman kaya naka bell bottoms. mahirap makipagclash gamit ang mga ito. nyahaha
<i>Fortis Voluntas Fraternitas</i>

#109 semilya21

semilya21

Initiate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

parang nasa history nyo ata na kaya ngtayo ng tym dahil dwindling na ung numbers ng mga chapters nyo..at wala nang manpower for rumbles sos.. am not sure..correct me if im wrong..

#110 Admin

Admin

Poging Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

here's an account on the death of APO Rollie Abad as told by his cousin:

My Cousin Rolly Tenmatay Abad- UP Frat Violence Victim
September 10, 2007

Twenty Nine years ago, I was in my senior year at UP when I received a call from the UP Police and UP Infirmary asking if we had a cousin named Rolly who was from APO (Alpha Phi Omega ) fraternity. They were looking for relatives of Rolando Tenmatay Abad and since I am a Tenmatay, they called our number at the UP Campus(My uncle ,Dr Augusto Tenmatay was previously UP Vice President ).

I didnt know then that I had a second cousin named Rolly and that he was already a senior student at UP. All I know was that  they live in White Plains. Later on all my relatives called us up asking what happened to my second cousin.It was then I found out that Rolly Abad's mother was my fathers first cousin.

At the wake, I found out that my cousin Rolly was just attending his last remaining class of Spanish at the Arts and Sciences building(a requirement for his fifth year in Engineering) when he was caught in the frat riot. He didnt even know that there was a frat war going on between his frat(APO) and another fraternity.He was already completely out of touch with what is happening in UP because he had just 3 classes left for him to graduate that semester.

Rolly was a big guy and during that time(1977) he was wearing clogs and the flare pants(1) that was in fashion at that time. Since he was a little bit on the fat side he was not able to run when the riot started .He was stabbed by a member of the rival fraternity with a ballpen (2). The ballpen bore a small puncture mark near his tummy and the UP Police didnt know that it was that bad that he had to wait for the Police to round up the suspects before he was brought to the Infirmatay(we call the UP Infirmary).Rolly died four hours after he was brought to the Infirmary due to internal bleeding.He was just 23 years old.

My cousins family spent  a lot of money in fighting the case against  the fraternity men who were  responsible for my cousins death. It took them more than ten years to get a decision. By that time most of the frat members who were held responsble for Rollys death have either gone abroad or have already completed their university degrees .

Why am I writing about this? My cousins family was rich. Rich enough to hire a lawyer and fight his case in court. My cousin Rolly was not a hazing victim, he was a frat violence victim. But what is the difference? the same thing happens over and over again. Why does it have to come from UP where people are supposed to be civilized and not barbarians.

WIth another hazing victim in UP in the news? will it change the scene if people clamor for justice.I hope so..but justice comes slow?
I hope this time the victim will get justice for his death fast.

"manyakboy" said:

1)Totoo bang naka-clogs daw kaya di rin nakatakbo ng maayos? Yung mga matatanda dyan nung 70s, hippie na jeproks daw ang "in". Tama ba?

"eliseo1951" said:

2) The autopsy concluded that it was a stilletto or a mini samurai dagger, those with thin sharp blades that penetrated his heart.There are two mortal stab wounds, one above the left nipple and the other below.

Pinoy Fraternity Dot Com
Unity in Diversity

#111 fratman

fratman

Grand Master

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

Wow, very informative... ang galing :lol:

#112 tomadachi

tomadachi

Grand Master

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

Dinale ng ALPHA PHI OMEGA ang Brod naming si HERNANDO GUEVARRA ng Adamson,pero walang NAHULING SALARIN.
Gumanti kami sa UPDiliman, nakadale kami ng APO pero, HINULI nila mga BRODS naming WALA namang KASALANAN. Kami mga TRISKELION Talaga ang Tumira,pero 'yung mga NAHULI NILA, di Iyon ang TUMIRA. BAKIT GANOON?

Apat na Brods namin sa Adamson ang pinatay ng mga Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity. Si Hernando Guevarra,Francis Elizan,Sherwin Bicomong at si Brod Frederick Vergara. Nahuli 'yung dumale kay Brod Frederick, pero 'yung mga dumale sa Tatlo pa naming Brods,di pa nahuhuli.Si Rey Filart na miyembro ng APO,nabigyan na ng Hustisya dahil PINAGDUSAHAN ng isa naming Brods ang pagkakapatay sa kanya kahit di siya ang maysala.Marami sa amin ang pinapatay ng mga KALABAN naming mga FRATERNITY. Pag gumanti kami,pinagdudusahan namin. Pero SILA, HANGGANG NGAYON,WALANG MAHULING MAYSALA. PALAKASAN KASI. Masama daw ang mga TRISKELION DAHIL Maraming kalaban at laging PINAGSISIMULAN ng GULO. VERY UNFAIR YUN,marami sa amin na pinatay pero hanggang ngayon, UNSOLVED CASES dahil mga ASSAILANTS,mga miyembro ng MGA MATITINDING FRATERNITY TULAD ng APO, MAGIC 5,S.I.,at iba pa. Huwag ninyong,KANLUNGIN ang mga BRODS NINYONG NAGKAKASALA SA BATAS NG TAO AT NG DIYOS. DON'T DO UNTO OTHERS WHAT YOU DON'T WANT DO UNTO YOU.

#113 TGPs.magnifico

TGPs.magnifico

Neo

• TGP
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:59 PM

tomadachi..ang galing mo naman mgkwento..

http://www.gmanews.t...-violence-in-UP
galing yan sa supreme court at buong up system yan di lng upd...di sa hearsay lng..

namatay po ci rolando abad dahil sa mga tau gamma..nung years n yun e konti plng chapter nmin bukod pa n 9 years plng..laban sa apo n madami ng chapter...Halatang halata k naman...isang alpha phi omega ka..sa kwento m plng..and in terms of connections.sa senado wala pa ata kaung brods dun..sigma rho..upsilon nd alpaha phi beta ang nakaupo noh?hehe..weak n kau ngaun..haha..ginamit mo pa sa profile mo ang beta sigma.....ganyan n b kau lumaban?can any tabets confirm if this is your brod?tnx..

#114 TGPs.magnifico

TGPs.magnifico

Neo

• TGP
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

dis is for Fratman...

May tanung ako mga apo..bkit may topic dito n quiter kami?den ung away sa hernando something.?.tapos papakita nio ung website ng teachings namin.....den papakita kayo n may proj n magkasama tayo..ang gulo?

cge..may namatay in both party in 70`s right?which la pa kmi 10 taon lban sa sa inyo n lampas lagpas n sa 50 chapters..why?hehe

bkit ngaun..extint n kayo sa ibang chapters.?

Bakit sinabi dito n service fraternity kau..pero di naman lahat ng chapter nio e ganun..?

At may napatay p kaung neophytes sa up lb?musta n ung mga brods nio dun..?

Bkit humiwaly ang SRB..di b kayo marunong mgpasunod?

OUCH!

#115 SRB

SRB

A Dagobert II Roi et a Sion est ce tresor, et il est la mort

• SRB
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Knights Templar, the Priory of Sion, the Rex Deus, the Holy Grail, the treasures of the Temple of Solomon, the Ark of the Covenant, ley lines, and sacred geometry alignments.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

TGPs.magnifico, on Dec 8 2008, 05:32 PM, said:

dis is for Fratman...

May tanung ako mga apo..bkit may topic dito n quiter kami?den ung away sa hernando something.?.tapos papakita nio ung website ng teachings namin.....den papakita kayo n may proj n magkasama tayo..ang gulo?

cge..may namatay in both party in 70`s right?which la pa kmi 10 taon lban sa sa inyo n lampas lagpas n sa 50 chapters..why?hehe

Bakit sinabi dito n service fraternity kau..pero di naman lahat ng chapter nio e ganun..?

OUCH!

Sir mawalang galang na po sa sinabi nyo na "Bkit humiwaly ang SRB..di b kayo marunong mgpasunod?"

Para nyo naman pong sinabi na ang gobyerno hindi mapasunod ang simbahan or vice versa.

SRB has its own identity, why would it follow other organization?

Opinion lang po sir.
Scouts Royale Brotherhood
Founded in San Sebastian Churchyard
Since 1975

https://www.facebook...d.Official.Page
https://twitter.com/iamSRB1975

#116 service oriented

service oriented

hindi lahat ng pogi artista,marami din SRB....yung iba nasa chap

• SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 1,490 posts
  • Interests:leading my friends to render service

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

TGPs.magnifico, on Dec 8 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

dis is for Fratman...

OUCH!
kaibigan,

mron po sariling identity ang SRB.kahit kailan hndi kmi pwdng pasunurin ng apo dhil hindi nman nla kmi juniors.
19 SCOUTS ROYALE BROTHERHOOD FOREVER 75
national service fraternity & sorority incorporated

the unbroken circle of brotherhood
www.srb-lfs.org

Do A Good Turn Daily.......

#117 fratman

fratman

Grand Master

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

TGPs.magnifico, on Dec 8 2008, 05:32 PM, said:

dis is for Fratman...

OUCH!

1. FYI, ang tagal na nyan, yung youtube link kung magaling kayo mag research nasa apo.org or apo.org.ph na sinishare namin sa lahat :)

Basahin niyo, you may learn something, most of our teachings/principles are based on the scouting movement.

Hindi password yun, teachings/principles/code of conduct/beliefs/etc

Obviously people who pledge will know this kasi we indoctrinate them with principles and values and not of historical accounts of hatred to other frats and death of frat heroes, or being supreme to others.

2. We are talking about this topic because obviously this is a forum, and we want to know the history of violence because until now, many APO or TGP involved in fratwars doesn't even know where it all began and why the culture of violence is still alive and it should not be.

To show the frat system that there are some APO and TGP alumni have gotten over the hatred we post joint projects, and that PEACE is possible between warring fraternities.

3. APO is a service fraternity, and all chapters are service-oriented. Kahit yung mga pasaway na chapters na takaw gulo nag seservice parin kahit papano. Check out apo.org.ph :D

4. Extinct na ang ibang chapters dahil hindi nakapag recruit. Kasi college or graduate students lang pwede sumali ng APO. Hindi kami nag rerecruit ng highschool or out-of-school just to compromise our numbers. Quality over quantity.

5. Hazing deaths has always been an issue, not only for APO but for the whole fraternity system including TGP, Sigma Rho, APB, Aquila Legis, etc. That is why the Legislators in 1995 passed the Anti-Hazing Law. Officially, the APO National Council has an Anti-hazing program and it is strictly implemented nationwide. Katulad ng lahat ng org may mga pasaway at hindi pa sumusunod, kaya may nakaka disgrasya parin.

6. I would agree with our the SRBs here that hindi naman sila pinapasunod ng APO, at hindi naman naging mag "on" ang SRB at APO officially kaya paano maghihiwalay? hehehe... Although there are alliances with SRB and APO in chapters, still may sariling identity ang SRB.

"Remember that when you're pointing a finger, 3 fingers are pointing back at you"

Just a thought...

:D

#118 SRB

SRB

A Dagobert II Roi et a Sion est ce tresor, et il est la mort

• SRB
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Knights Templar, the Priory of Sion, the Rex Deus, the Holy Grail, the treasures of the Temple of Solomon, the Ark of the Covenant, ley lines, and sacred geometry alignments.

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:33 AM

SRB and APO, partners in LFS.
Scouts Royale Brotherhood
Founded in San Sebastian Churchyard
Since 1975

https://www.facebook...d.Official.Page
https://twitter.com/iamSRB1975

#119 UBELT-HITMAN

UBELT-HITMAN

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

TGPs.magnifico, on Dec 8 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

..bkit may topic dito n quiter kami?den ung away sa hernando something.?.tapos papakita nio ung website ng teachings namin.....den papakita kayo n may proj n magkasama tayo..ang gulo?

OUCH!

Is that how you address a brother?... as a 'something'?

TGPs.magnifico, on Dec 8 2008, 09:59 AM, said:

..and in terms of connections.sa senado wala pa ata kaung brods dun..sigma rho..upsilon nd alpaha phi beta ang nakaupo noh?hehe..weak n kau ngaun..haha..ginamit mo pa sa profile mo ang beta sigma.....ganyan n b kau lumaban?

Are you that proud of our Senate (and Congress)?  How do you find this lawmakers' den anyway?

TGPs.magnifico, on Dec 8 2008, 09:59 AM, said:

can any tabets confirm if this is your brod?tnx..

What a question...

*and the way you call out the once mighty and legendary BS (tabets), it is as if you have total control over BS.

in my opinion, you are not what you claim to be

#120 turxz

turxz

Grand Triskelion

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

fratman, on Dec 9 2008, 11:27 PM, said:

May chapter pa naman... kahit may binaril, binato ng granada, at large yung criminal na TGP.

Sana di gayahin ng mga ibang TGP yun. Puro tapang lang ang alam.

Fraternities should produce professionals and responsible citizens, unfortunately many produces criminals and hooligans.

bakit sini single out mo ang TGP?

paano naman ang mga kagaya nito....

MANILA,  October 6, 2004 (STAR) Manila Mayor Lito Atienza ordered Western Police District (WPD) director Chief Superintendent Pedro Bulaong to increase and maintain police presence around schools to prevent fraternity wars.

Atienza issued the directive in the wake of the killing of 19-year-old Adamson University engineering student Frederick Vergara allegedly by members of a rival fraternity in San Marcelino in Manila last Saturday.

"We commend the police officers who arrested two of Vergara’s assailants. However, I want the people to be more proactive and present at all times to prevent any violent incidents. Those planning to create trouble would be deterred from doing so if they see policemen in the area," Atienza said.

The mayor said the presence of police patrols would also protect students from criminal elements such as snatchers, pickpockets and holduppers.

Atienza also reminded administrators of colleges and universities in the city to closely monitor fraternities that might create trouble in their schools.

"We don’t want a repeat of the violence which, by all indications, was precipitated by the rivalry between two fraternities. Even minor disturbances created by members of the warring fraternities should be dealt with severely," he added.

Vergara is believed to be a member of the Tau Gamma Phi fraternity while his assailants were reportedly members of Alpha Phi Omega (APO) fraternity.

Two suspects, Grigor Ariston and Anthony Alesna, also students of Adamson University, were arrested by the police while 10 others remained at large. — Cecille Suerte Felipe

.... sa tingin mo, ano dapat gawin?
BICOLANO TRISKELION
TRIAD (Triskelions in the Agriculture Department) - Region V
"Primum nil nocere"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users