- - - - -

Nelson Mandela, Mason?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Talaga bang mason si Nelson Mandela? nakita ko lang ito sa facebook see photo below of Mandela in Knights Templar garb.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#2 Mr. Working Tools

Mr. Working Tools

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

...sabi nila treinta.tres xa. Pero Di talaga malalaman kung Di na confirm ng gran lohiya or pagdDi natin xa na.meet personally. Sana nga mason xa. Kaka.proud. :3

#3 Barney

Barney

Grand Master

• SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

boss admin, hindi ba si morgan freeman yan?
I love you, you love me... we are happy family....

#4 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

lolz. puede. pero si mandela yan

#5 Mr. Working Tools

Mr. Working Tools

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

http://www.exsequi.o.../contact_us.asp

Sa may gilid. Andun Ang liwanag. :(

#6 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • Others: Root Admin
  • 4,155 posts
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Weird. Wala pangalan ni Mandela sa listahan ng members ng Exsequi Lodge.
me you cannot pass

#7 Mr. Working Tools

Mr. Working Tools

Fratman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostBuknoy, on 22 July 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Weird. Wala pangalan ni Mandela sa listahan ng members ng Exsequi Lodge.

Sir bro. Yun nga eh. Sayang. Eh Dapat andun ba?

#8 37771

LORD OF

• Masons
  • Others: APO
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

baka cowani ng gobyerno lang si nelson mandela sa africa.
Posted Image

#9 Barney

Barney

Grand Master

• SRB
  • Others: Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

baka photo ops lang yan boss admeen?
I love you, you love me... we are happy family....

#10 sir knight

sir knight

(-: Ruffian :-)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Jug-ga-log

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

RIP Pres. Nelson Mandela

#11 sir knight

sir knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Repost:

Nelson Mandela, made a Mason on sight by the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of North Carolina (MWGMPHGL N.C.)

By David Crane

Looking back on his 95 years, there are 11 lessons (from many) that I would like to share from his legacy which would help us make a small but positive mark in our society. Here they are:

1. Determination in fighting for the right thing.

Nelson Mandela’s fought against apartheid which was a struggle of more than 50 years from 1943 when he joined ANC to 1994 when South Africa became independent and he became president. Of these years, 27 were in prison.

2. Never sell out on your beliefs.

Nelson Mandela while still serving in prison had repeated offers from the apartheid regime to accept release for independence in small portion of South Africa called the Transkei, from where he hailed from. He simply turned them all down.

3. Be ready to change your tactics.

In 1960 Nelson Mandela together with other leaders set up the military wing of ANC. After being released from prison in 1990, Mandela would eventually renounce all armed tactics and once again resort to peaceful negotiations.

4. Know the facts.

Mandela was an astute lawyer and during his incarceration, his jailers in the 1980s, repeatedly attempted to get him to renounce militarism; however he remained adamant in his belief that prisoners cannot enter into contracts – only free men can negotiate.

5. Admit our mistakes.

In interviews later in life, Mandela admitted that the ANC had committed some human rights abuses and even criticized anyone who attempted to deny it.

6. Reconcile with your enemies.

Nelson Mandela worked on the setting up the Truth & Reconciliation Commission.

7. Sharing with others.

Mandela has shared his life in books and through post retirement charity organizations that work on ills affecting the world today.

8. Lead from the front.

When the Springboks rugby team won the 1995 rugby world cup, Nelson Mandela presented the winner’s trophy to the Captain Francois Pienaar while wearing a replica of Pienaar’s no. 6 Springboks t-shirt. This was a symbol that served to further heal the very tangible racial tension, in South Africa.

9. Letting go.

Nelson Mandela became President in 1994 and in 1999 chose not to run for a second term, yet he could have won by a landslide. He instead handed over to Thabo Mbeki.

10. Smile.

Mandela is also known for his big smile when he is meeting with people all over the world.

11. Serve humbly.

Graca Machel once said, “I found this simple man,” as she described him in 1998 just before they were married. Indeed his actions of “letting go” of a presidency, of forgiving his captors, serving tea to his guests, and many more are testament to the humility and person of Nelson Mandela.

#12 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts
  • Interests:Climbing Rubber trees, Eating and smoking grass and eating alotta fishballs.

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Haaaay naku naman. I really don't get it why we have to make some famous guy a Mason-at-sight. It's like we're making Masonic Lodge membership an honorary grant to someone famous. Tsk! Reminds me of a similar stupid act done in the past by the MWPHGL of Alabama (?) who made Martin Luther King a "Mason-at-Sight"....a couple of years AFTER he was assassinated. ***Facepalm***
me you cannot pass

#13 kaede_rock

kaede_rock

• APO
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

If I may ask, aren't there any criteria to help assess if whether one is fit to become an "Honorary Mason" or not, or is it per lodge member's prerogative as to whom they will bestow the said membership?
Lead a Friend to be of Service

#14 Guest_admeen_*

Guest_admeen_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

bakit nga kasi ang hilig ng PH mamigay ng Mason at sight sa mga kung sino sinong negro na sikat? just asking. parang nakarami na kasi and the most ridiculous yung post humous confernment ni Martin Luther King.

#15 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

View Postkaede_rock, on 09 December 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

If I may ask, aren't there any criteria to help assess if whether one is fit to become an "Honorary Mason" or not, or is it per lodge member's prerogative as to whom they will bestow the said membership?

First off, tolski, hindi "honorary mason" ang ginagawad. Being a Mason-at-sight is something that is done when abbreviated ang proseso ng pagiging Mason ng isang tao (wala nang submission of petition, wala nang circularization ng pangalan, walang balloting, at walang proficiency examination to advance to the next higher degree). This is NOT a prerogative of a Lodge to make, but only that of the Grand Master on to someone whom he feels deserves an abbreviated process of becoming a Mason. Pero first thing's first --- the candidate should still come into the (emergent) Lodge "on his own freewill and accord". Ibig sabihin, dapat he should still express his own desire to become a Mason. Madalas nagagawa ang pagiging Mason at sight on people na wala masyadong oras na daanan pa ang napakahabang proseso ng pagiging Mason, tulad ni Gen. Douglas MacArthur na busy sa pagbobomba ng Japan. Pero he still expressed his desire to become a Mason. Eh itong ibang PH grand lodges (pasensya na po, pero PH GLs talaga ang kilala sa paggawa nito), parang ginagawa nilang "honorary membership" ang paggawad ng mason-at-sight, minsan posthumous pa. Take the cases of Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Shaquille O'Neal (although yung kay Shaq eh baka naman nanggaling sa kanyang pagkukusa ito).
me you cannot pass

#16 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

There is absolutely no such thing as an "honorary mason". Let's just make that thing clear. May ilang PH GLs lang na ganito ang kanilang pagkakaintindi dito kaya mali talaga ito.
me you cannot pass

#17 sir knight

sir knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostBuknoy, on 09 December 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

There is absolutely no such thing as an "honorary mason". Let's just make that thing clear. May ilang PH GLs lang na ganito ang kanilang pagkakaintindi dito kaya mali talaga ito.

Agree kuyang!

#18 katiponero

katiponero

Grand Master

• Masons
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

View Postadmeen, on 09 December 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

bakit nga kasi ang hilig ng PH mamigay ng Mason at sight sa mga kung sino sinong negro na sikat? just asking. parang nakarami na kasi and the most ridiculous yung post humous confernment ni Martin Luther King.

Kuyang Admin the word negro is one form of discrimination :rolleyes:, kahit po kami yan din ang tinatanong, mas masarap po kcng yumakap s isang kapatid n nagsimula s mababa hanggang s makarating s liwanag.
"Let the long arm of APO deal with this problem at the right time."

#19 katiponero

katiponero

Grand Master

• Masons
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostBuknoy, on 09 December 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

First off, tolski, hindi "honorary mason" ang ginagawad. Being a Mason-at-sight is something that is done when abbreviated ang proseso ng pagiging Mason ng isang tao (wala nang submission of petition, wala nang circularization ng pangalan, walang balloting, at walang proficiency examination to advance to the next higher degree). This is NOT a prerogative of a Lodge to make, but only that of the Grand Master on to someone whom he feels deserves an abbreviated process of becoming a Mason. Pero first thing's first --- the candidate should still come into the (emergent) Lodge "on his own freewill and accord". Ibig sabihin, dapat he should still express his own desire to become a Mason. Madalas nagagawa ang pagiging Mason at sight on people na wala masyadong oras na daanan pa ang napakahabang proseso ng pagiging Mason, tulad ni Gen. Douglas MacArthur na busy sa pagbobomba ng Japan. Pero he still expressed his desire to become a Mason. Eh itong ibang PH grand lodges (pasensya na po, pero PH GLs talaga ang kilala sa paggawa nito), parang ginagawa nilang "honorary membership" ang paggawad ng mason-at-sight, minsan posthumous pa. Take the cases of Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Shaquille O'Neal (although yung kay Shaq eh baka naman nanggaling sa kanyang pagkukusa ito).

Kung buknoy good day po, tama po ang lahat ng nasulat nyo, pero wla po tayong magagawa jan karapatan po yan ng isang namumuno at naayon s ating Lnd Mk at alam naman po nating di ito pwdng mabali,  cguro po meron silang nakita para ipasa ang mga tao n to, tulad po ng sinabi ko s mas masarap yumakap s isang kapatid n nagsimula s mababa hanggang s makamit ang liwanag. :)

#20 katiponero

katiponero

Grand Master

• Masons
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostBuknoy, on 09 December 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Wla po talaga honorary mason at pangit pong pakinggan ang salitang eto dapat talaga galing s puso, sang ayon po ako s inyo kuyang sir buknoy, cguro nga po eh ganeto ang pagkakaintindi nila.

#21 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Don't get me wrong tolski katiponero ha. Hindi ko nilalahat ang mga PHA GLs. Medyo lang talaga parang ganun kasi ang nagiging trend. Although it is true na will and pleasure naman ng Grand Master ang maggawad ng Mason-at-sight as how it is stated in our Ancient Landmarks, siguro ang kinukwestion ko ay ang interpretasyon ng mga Grand Masters na ito sa kanilang prerogative. One that is very evident of ignorance is making a Mason-at-sight posthumously. Hindi naman ito PhD Honoris Causa na pwedeng igawad sa patay na. Anlabo di ba?
me you cannot pass

#22 sir knight

sir knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostBuknoy, on 09 December 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong tolski katiponero ha. Hindi ko nilalahat ang mga PHA GLs. Medyo lang talaga parang ganun kasi ang nagiging trend. Although it is true na will and pleasure naman ng Grand Master ang maggawad ng Mason-at-sight as how it is stated in our Ancient Landmarks, siguro ang kinukwestion ko ay ang interpretasyon ng mga Grand Masters na ito sa kanilang prerogative. One that is very evident of ignorance is making a Mason-at-sight posthumously. Hindi naman ito PhD Honoris Causa na pwedeng igawad sa patay na. Anlabo di ba?

agree ulit kuyang... :D

#23 kaede_rock

kaede_rock

• APO
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

Thank you for clarifying that there are no "honorary masons". That is one reason why I used the quote-endquote symbols (" ") on my previous post upon stating the phrase "honorary masons", because I am not sure about the correct term.

Now, if that is the case, (If I may ask this follow up question) what then is the difference between the terms "honorary masons" and "mason-at-sight"? Doesn't it have the same implied meaning?
Lead a Friend to be of Service

#24 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

View Postkaede_rock, on 10 December 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Thank you for clarifying that there are no "honorary masons". That is one reason why I used the quote-endquote symbols (" ") on my previous post upon stating the phrase "honorary masons", because I am not sure about the correct term.

Now, if that is the case, (If I may ask this follow up question) what then is the difference between the terms "honorary masons" and "mason-at-sight"? Doesn't it have the same implied meaning?

I think I may have explained this earlier in this same thread. One big difference is that one doesn't exist unlike the other. The term "honorary" is when you award someone a title, degree or a citation honoring him of his contributions. Making a Mason-at-sight is quite far from this. Like what I've explained previously, every Mason must come to the Lodge "on his own freewill and accord", meaning no one should tell him to do so. The desire to become a Mason should come from him. Now if the Grand Master learns about this and judges that the person is too preocuppied for him to undergo the whole nine yards of petitioning at a Lodge, the GM can call an emergent Lodge and confer all three degrees on that person in one day.
me you cannot pass

#25 Liberty 299

Liberty 299

Grand Master

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

This is what I have been ranting about some PHA Lodges conferring degrees to famous people. It seems that the intention is to build up an illustrious roster of membership to establish the "regularity" of Prince Hall lodges. We masons must understand that it was just recently that PHA were embraced by the mainstream brethren. There are still hundred year old American lodges who does not recognize any affinity with PHA. This practice of the PHA should be shunned upon by us masons who vowed to protect the craft. The problem though is that most lodges will not even bring up this issue because of fear of being labeled as racists and intolerable. I wish most grand jurisdictions will have the guts to call it or point out PHA Grand Masters abusing their power in making masons on sight. But most grand jurisdictions will never condemn such  atrocity fearing backlash from our Afro American brethren. My point being is, this is not an issue of color or race, this is an issue of preserving hundred year old traditions being threaten by abuse of power or just plain ignorance.

#26 Liberty 299

Liberty 299

Grand Master

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

@Kuya Katiponero, forgive me but I do not agree with you saying that the word NEGRO is discriminatory. If you look back in the African American history in the States, going further than Martin Luther King, the word denotes a segment of the American population. This mostly applies to older African American mostly in the Southern United States. If you look at the American census, there is a box there that you can check that identifies you as a negro. Would you call the American "Negro" Fund racist because they used the word, probably not. I think the biggest culprit here is paranoia. We hear such as word, we automatically label it as discriminatory. I am sure the admin's intention in the use of the word is nothing prejudicial.

#27 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Probably tolski katiponero got "negro" confused with another "N" word...something that should never be spoken of for one to be politically correct.
me you cannot pass

#28 Buknoy

Buknoy

Vice-Admin

• Masons
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

Think of it this way on the issue of "honorary mason" and "mason at sight" --- ang isang ginawang honorary member ng frat, ginagawaran na lamang nito nang hindi dumadaan sa isang "initiation rite". Malamang nga iginagawad pa ito during a testimonial dinner or some grandiose event. Ang paggawa ng isang Mason-at-sight, padadaanin mo pa rin yung tao sa "initiation rites" (kung kinakailangang i-paddle yung tao, dadaan siya dito). Ang difference lang eh hindi na siya dadaan sa pagiging neophyte na magse-serve pa siya over a period of time to learn about his worth and qualifications. Waived na ng Grand Master yun. At the end of the day, pare-pareho parin ang sagot ng isang Mason, whether nag-petition siya sa Lodge or ginawang Mason-at-sight, sa tanong na "wht mks u a MM?"

Hope this clarifies everything.
me you cannot pass

#29 Liberty 299

Liberty 299

Grand Master

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

The N word that should never be spoken is Nanya.. None of your business! Lol

#30 katiponero

katiponero

Grand Master

• Masons
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Kuyang Sir bro, good day po,tama po ang lahat ng naisulat nyo at sang ayon din po ako s lahat ng eto :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users